Martyrs' Shrine5038 Votes Currently Open
- Address: No. 32, Zhongyi Road, Gushan District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan 804 Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +886-75210368
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Family And Kids
The shrine has become recently popular with the tourists. Located on the mountainside of Shoushan, it is created as the reminiscence of the fallen soldiers of the past. The place has also come into prominence for providing the best views of the southern harbour city. There is an interesting story in the establishment of the place. It was developed from a Shinto shrine into a Chinese palatial after the period of colonization. You can still find some Japanese stone lanterns leading the way up to the shrine. Come here to witness the panoramas that it has to offer. The translucent Pacific Ocean contrasting against the city and its light is definitely a view not to miss. The huge ‘Love sign’ accompanied by pairs of adorable monkey sculptures, not only add to its charm but becomes a thing to remember in your Kaohsiung trip.
How to Reach Martyrs' Shrine
- By Bus: (247,287 road) to the Shrine station.
- Loft Bistro Wine Bar
- American cuisine La Caja de Musica
- Spanish cuisine
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kaohsiung before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaohsiung and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Martyrs' Shrine Address: No. 32, Zhongyi Road, Gushan District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan 804
- Martyrs' Shrine Contact Number: +886-75210368
- Martyrs' Shrine Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Martyrs' Shrine(preferred time): 08:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Martyrs' Shrine: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Kaohsiung include Martyrs' Shrine in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
39.75% of people start their Martyrs' Shrine visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Martyrs' Shrine
94.49% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Martyrs' Shrine
People normally club together Beitou Hot Springs and Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall while planning their visit to Martyrs' Shrine.