Shilin Night MarketCurrently Closed
- Address: 101, Jīhé Rd, Shilin District, Taipei City, Taiwan 111
- Timings: 05:00 pm - 11:55 pm Details
- Phone: 886-228820340
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Street Market, Family And Kids, Street Food
Markets and shopping is an important aspect of the culture of Taipei. The Shilin Night Market is probably the most popular night market in Taipei. This night market is an amalgamation of heritage and modernism because a good portion of the market in situated in a building.
The market building holds numerous eateries and stalls and a parking level that can accommodate over four hundred cars. The market is mostly spread out in the streets and people should take time to explore the numerous alleyways and lanes for interesting shops.
Other than food vendors, the market also has stalls for clothes and other items. Exploring the night market is certainly one the best things to do after dark in Taipei.
- Make it a point to sample as much local delicacies as you can. Specialties include the fried chicken steak, tempuras and oyster omelets among others.
- MRT: Jiantan Station. City Bus: 218,266,277,285,606,250,290,304 Chengde.
- Five to Six hundred stalls selling local street food and international dishes
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Taipei before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Taipei and book an accommodation of your choice.
82.79% of people who visit Taipei include Shilin Night Market in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
64.47% of people start their Shilin Night Market visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Shilin Night Market
91.56% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shilin Night Market