Are you looking for what to do in Taipei?
THINGS TO DO IN TAIPEI
There is definitely something for everyone when visiting Taipei, so the next time you are in the area, make sure that you visit the following places:
- Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall: Here you will find a museum dedicated to the life of the Chiang, and there is an assortment of uniforms worn in the military. A great place to be for yourself or the whole family.
- Discovery Center of Taipei: If you would like to learn about the city’s history, this is a good place to start. Here you will be able to find models and maps depicting the city’s evolution – from the gated city in the year 1882 to what it is today. People studying Chinese history also come here to get historical information.
- National Palace Museum - This national museum holds the collection of nearly 696,000 pieces of ancient art and artifacts of China.
- Taipei 101 - Visit this national landmark of Taipei which is also said to be the tallest building in the world.
- Mengjia Longshan Temple - This is the most popular temple in Taipei. The most strangest fact about this temple is it has witnessed numerous natural disasters without much damage.
- Taipei Zoo - It is the largest zoo in Asia housing unbelievable numer of different species of animals and birds.
- Shilin Night Market - It is a paradise for shopaholics, specially for those who gets only evening hours for shopping.
- Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall - It is the hub for cultural meetings and other education and social purposes.
- Miniatures Museum of Taiwan - It is said to be the second largest miniature museum in the world. Visit this museum to see its amazing collection.
- National Taiwan Museum - It is the oldest museum in Taiwan.
- Fort San Domingo - This place symbolises the influence of foreign culture on Taipei.
- Taipei Fine Arts Museum - If you are interested in local arts, this is the museum you should visit.
There is loads to see and experience in Taipei, when you visit the city, make sure that you try the following venue:
- Red Pavilion Theatre : Which is one of the older buildings in the city. This theatre hosted all kinds of performances and performers. The performances and the exhibits change frequently, and it will be worth your time to check it. The theatre brings together different artists from around the country when they have music festivals.
Below we have a list of things to do in Taipei and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Taipei getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Taipei with confidence.