Hidakokubun-ji TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: 1-83 Sawawa Town, Takayama City Gifu Prefecture 506-0007, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-577321395
- Ticket Price: 300 JPY
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Hida Kokubun-ji Temple is home to some of the oldest and diverse Buddha statues and includes idols of Honboshi Yakushi, Amida Birai, Sei Kannon Bodhisattva, Benzaiten and Fudo Fudo among others- with every idol depicting a fabled story of its own. The shrine itself is an important cultural and heritage building and is famous for its architecture. The bell tower, triple tower structure and the ‘Rokuzo’ – a depiction of the 6 lives that every soul reincarnates into, is lovely to walk around and see.
- General: Japanese Yen 300 (250 yen for group of 30 or more people)
- Elementary and Junior High School students: Japanese Yen 250 (200 yen for groups of 30 or more)
- By Train: Takayama Station
- By Bus: Takayama Nohi Bus Center
- By renting a bicycle.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Takayama before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Takayama and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.85% of people who visit Takayama include Hidakokubun-ji Temple in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
57.27% of people start their Hidakokubun-ji Temple visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Hidakokubun-ji Temple
69.16% of people prefer walking in order to reach Hidakokubun-ji Temple
I'm sure during winter and snow should be nicer
A pretty temple in the middle of Takayama. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area.
A remarkable tree aged at almost 1200 years old, is amongst the most beautiful natural sore thumb in Takayama.
Nice to walk across.
Great experience and some inns located near here such as Guesthouse Thanyaporn and Minshuku Kuwataniya. Its better to come here during autumn.