Hidakokubun-ji TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: 1-83 Sawawa Town, Takayama City Gifu Prefecture 506-0007, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-577321395
- Ticket Price: 300 JPY
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Hidakokubun-ji Temple - Review
The Hida Kokubun-ji Temple is home to some of the oldest and diverse Buddha statues and includes idols of Honboshi Yakushi, Amida Birai, Sei Kannon Bodhisattva, Benzaiten and Fudo Fudo among others- with every idol depicting a fabled story of its own. The shrine itself is an important cultural and heritage building and is famous for its architecture. The bell tower, triple tower structure and the ‘Rokuzo’ – a depiction of the 6 lives that every soul reincarnates into, is lovely to walk around and see.
Hidakokubun-ji Temple Ticket Prices
- General: Japanese Yen 300 (250 yen for group of 30 or more people)
- Elementary and Junior High School students: Japanese Yen 250 (200 yen for groups of 30 or more)
How To reach Hidakokubun-ji Temple by Public Transport
- By Train: Takayama Station
- By Bus: Takayama Nohi Bus Center
- By renting a bicycle.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Takayama before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Takayama and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hidakokubun-ji Temple
95% of people who visit Takayama include Hidakokubun-ji Temple in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
61.14% of people start their Hidakokubun-ji Temple visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Hidakokubun-ji Temple
50.26% of people prefer walking in order to reach Hidakokubun-ji Temple
Hidakokubun-ji Temple Map
Hidakokubun-ji Temple, Takayama Reviews
I'm sure during winter and snow should be nicer
A pretty temple in the middle of Takayama. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area.
A remarkable tree aged at almost 1200 years old, is amongst the most beautiful natural sore thumb in Takayama.
Nice to walk across.
Nice and authentic temple.