Hirayuotaki FallCurrently Open
- Address: Okuhida Onsengo Hirayu, Takayama 506-1433 , Gifu Prefecture, Japan
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Waterfront, Waterfall, Family And Kids, Nature
Hirayuotaki Fall - Review
Located amidst the gorgeous Gifu region, the Hirayuotaki Fall is one of the most popular waterfalls in Japan and covers a height of 64 meters. The sublime view in the summers and spring season of the waterfall makes it a perfect place to hike while in winters people come here to see the frozen waterfall illuminated with lights after dark.
Hiking around the waterfall is a highlight in itself and is highly recommended for nature lovers.
Hirayuotaki Fall Information
- Take the Shinhotaka Ropeway and walk around the Hirayu Onsen to spot the waterfall. You can ask locals for help.
- Carry bottled drinking water, snacks and a change of clothes if needed.
- Do wear sturdy shoes.
- Wearing sunscreen will help.
How To reach Hirayuotaki Fall by Public Transport
- By Bus: Take a bus to Hirayu from Takayama bus terminal.
- By renting a bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Takayama before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Takayama and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hirayuotaki Fall
36.14% of people who visit Takayama include Hirayuotaki Fall in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
47.22% of people start their Hirayuotaki Fall visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Hirayuotaki Fall
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hirayuotaki Fall