The Kusakabe Folk Museum was the former home of the Kusakabe family who were one of the rich merchants during the Edo and Meiji periods. The original store ‘Taniya’ was where they lent out money to the Public office. The place was burnt down and a new house (existing home) was built by master carpenter Jisuke Kawashiri using earthen flooring, wooden beams that merge seamlessly with structural designs and geometric panels.
The interiors of the home are one of a kind and exude a minimalistic charm.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kusakabe Folk Museum
- Adult: Japanese Yen 500 (450 yen per person for a group of 30 or more)
- High School Students: Japanese Yen 500 (450 yen per person for a group of 30 or more)
- Younger than High School Students: Japanese Yen 300 (250 yen per person for a group of 30 or more)
- Infants: Entry is Free.
Kusakabe Folk Museum Hours
- The museum is open during the year-end and New Year holidays.
How to Reach Kusakabe Folk Museum
- By Bus: Takayama City Office (bus)
- By renting a bicycle.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Takayama before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Takayama and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.07% of people who visit Takayama include Kusakabe Folk Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
85.71% of people start their Kusakabe Folk Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kusakabe Folk Museum
57.14% of people prefer walking in order to reach Kusakabe Folk Museum