Norikura Summit TatamidairaCurrently Open
- Address: Mount Norikura, Nyukawacho Iwaidani, Takayama, Gifu Prefecture 506-2254, Japan
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Nature, Mountain Climbing
If you want to leave the hustle-bustle of the city behind, hike through the Norikura Summit Tatamidaira trail – a haven than covers the scenic mountains with stairways and pathways that make the trail easy for beginners. The many lakes that are formed here along with the surrounding colorful flowers and trees, add to the hike while the view from the top is a highlight in itself.
Do carry your camera to capture the view all around forever in pictures.
Norikura Summit Tatamidaira Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and food.
- Do wear sturdy shoes for the hike.
- Wearing sunscreen will help.
How to Reach Norikura Summit Tatamidaira
- By Bus: From mid May to October, buses depart every 1-2 hours from Hirayu Onsen via the Honokidaira parking lot for the Norikura Bus Terminal near the summit (1 hour, 1420 Japanese Yen one way, 2300 Japanese Yen round trip).
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Takayama before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Takayama and book an accommodation of your choice.