Sakurayama Hachiman-gu Shrine405 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 178, Sakuramachi, Takayama city, Gifu, Japan Map
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-577320240
- Ticket Price: 820 JPY
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids
The Sakurayama Hachimangu Shrine dates back to the ruling era of Emperor Nintoku (413 - 439) who pleaded Prince Takefurukuma-no-mikoto to kill Ryoumen Sukuna- a dangerous monster. Before the prince left to kill the monster, he dedicated this place as a shrine to his father Emperor Ojin.
Today, the legend of the protection that is blessed upon anyone who visits the shrine, has a deep faith among locals. The famous Takayama Matsuri festival is held here and is a grand affair when colorful floats are pulled around the streets of the town.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sakurayama Hachiman-gu Shrine
- Admission For Adults: Japanese Yen 820
How to Reach Sakurayama Hachiman-gu Shrine
- By Train: Takayama Station (Around 1.5 kilometers away)
- By Bus: Takayama Nohi Bus Center (Around 1.5 kilometers away)
- By renting a bicycle.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Takayama before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Takayama and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Sakurayama Hachiman-gu Shrine Address: 178, Sakuramachi, Takayama city, Gifu, Japan
- Sakurayama Hachiman-gu Shrine Contact Number: +81-577320240
- Sakurayama Hachiman-gu Shrine Timing: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm
- Sakurayama Hachiman-gu Shrine Price: 820 JPY
- Best time to visit Sakurayama Hachiman-gu Shrine(preferred time): 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Sakurayama Hachiman-gu Shrine: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
31.91% of people who visit Takayama include Sakurayama Hachiman-gu Shrine in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
44.12% of people start their Sakurayama Hachiman-gu Shrine visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sakurayama Hachiman-gu Shrine
73.13% of people prefer walking in order to reach Sakurayama Hachiman-gu Shrine
People normally club together Yoshijima Heritage House and Higashiyama Walking Course while planning their visit to Sakurayama Hachiman-gu Shrine.