Shinhotaka RopewayCurrently Closed
- Address: Japan, 〒506-1421 Gifu Prefecture, Takayama, 奥飛騨温泉郷新穂高
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-0578892252
- Ticket Price: 2900 JPY
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Nature, Ropeways
The Shinhotaka Ropeway is one of the most fun ways to get around the city and is preferred to reach Shinhotaka Onsen. See the gorgeous view of the Japanese north Alps as you are taken through the beautiful terrain. During winters, the snow magnifies the beauty all around with the snow-capped mountains adding to its charm. Do carry a camera with you during the ride to take panoramic pictures.
The observation deck located at the Nishihotakaguchi station is the perfect place to spend a few minutes admiring the mountains.
Both No.1 and No.2 Ropeways cltx (Shin-Hotaka Onsen - Nishihotakaguchi):
- Adult: One way Japanese Yen 1600; Round trip Japanese Yen 2900
- Child: One way Japanese Yen 800; Round trip Japanese Yen 1450
- Baggage Ticketcltx: One way Japanese Yen 300; Round trip Japanese Yen 600
No.1 Ropeway cltx (Shin-Hotaka Onsen - Nabedaira Kogen Heights):
- Adult: One way Japanese Yen 400; Round trip Japanese Yen 600
- Child: One way Japanese Yen 200; Round trip Japanese Yen 300
- Baggage Ticketcltx: One way Japanese Yen 100; Round trip Japanese Yen 200
No.2 Ropeway cltx (shirakabadaira - Nishihotakaguchi):
- Adult: One way Japanese Yen 1500; Round trip Japanese Yen 2800
- Child: One way Japanese Yen 750; Round trip Japanese Yen 1400
- Baggage Ticketcltx: One way Japanese Yen 200; Round trip Japanese Yen 400
Open April- November:
- From Shin-Hotaka Onsen (Ascent): 8.30 am – 4.00 pm
- Shirakabadaira (Ascent): 8.45 am – 4.15 pm
- Nishihotakaguchi (Descent): 8.45 am – 4.45 pm
Open December- January:
- From Shin-Hotaka Onsen (Ascent): 9.00 am – 3.30 pm
- Shirakabadaira (Ascent): 9.15 am – 3.45 pm
- Nishihotakaguchi (Descent): 9.15 am – 4.15 pm
For other hours and change in schedule, visit the official website.
- By Train: Nabehira Takahara Station (4.9 kilometers away)
- By renting a bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Takayama before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Takayama and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.51% of people who visit Takayama include Shinhotaka Ropeway in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
90.56% of people start their Shinhotaka Ropeway visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Shinhotaka Ropeway
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shinhotaka Ropeway
Last bus to Hirayu and Takayama at 16.55. Try to avoid tour group, you get stuck in a gondola like a sardine.
Here we use rope-way to roof observation deck. When we arrived, snow was still falling. It is very cold. On the roof observation deck also has restaurant by using vending machine. There also snow corridor, if the weather is fine, you will enjoy however for my is very cold, we can only stay for a moment and hurry to go inside because it is super cold.
A great day out going up the mountain. Would highly recommend. If you are going in the winter then wrap up warm! It was -12c at the top!
Spend around 2-3hours going up and down the ropeway just to enjoy the view at the top. Suggest to spend a night in one of the onsen ryokan nearby!
Cool old ropeway with nice views and a different world at the top. Go if in tge area and want to get some altitude awareness.