Shinhotaka Ropeway, Takayama
About Shinhotaka Ropeway, Takayama
Shinhotaka Ropeway, Takayama - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Japan, 〒506-1421 Gifu Prefecture, Takayama, 奥飛騨温泉郷新穂高
Ticket Price: 2900 JPY
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 478 times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Nature, Ropeways
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Shinhotaka Ropeway is one of the most fun ways to get around the city and is preferred to reach Shinhotaka Onsen. See the gorgeous view of the Japanese north Alps as you are taken through the beautiful terrain. During winters, the snow magnifies the beauty all around with the snow-capped mountains adding to its charm. Do carry a camera with you during the ride to take panoramic pictures.
The observation deck located at the Nishihotakaguchi station is the perfect place to spend a few minutes admiring the mountains.
Shinhotaka Ropeway Ticket Prices
Both No.1 and No.2 Ropeways cltx (Shin-Hotaka Onsen - Nishihotakaguchi):
- Adult: One way Japanese Yen 1600; Round trip Japanese Yen 2900
- Child: One way Japanese Yen 800; Round trip Japanese Yen 1450
- Baggage Ticketcltx: One way Japanese Yen 300; Round trip Japanese Yen 600
No.1 Ropeway cltx (Shin-Hotaka Onsen - Nabedaira Kogen Heights):
- Adult: One way Japanese Yen 400; Round trip Japanese Yen 600
- Child: One way Japanese Yen 200; Round trip Japanese Yen 300
- Baggage Ticketcltx: One way Japanese Yen 100; Round trip Japanese Yen 200
No.2 Ropeway cltx (shirakabadaira - Nishihotakaguchi):
- Adult: One way Japanese Yen 1500; Round trip Japanese Yen 2800
- Child: One way Japanese Yen 750; Round trip Japanese Yen 1400
- Baggage Ticketcltx: One way Japanese Yen 200; Round trip Japanese Yen 400
Shinhotaka Ropeway Opening and Closing Hours
Open April- November:
- From Shin-Hotaka Onsen (Ascent): 8.30 am – 4.00 pm
- Shirakabadaira (Ascent): 8.45 am – 4.15 pm
- Nishihotakaguchi (Descent): 8.45 am – 4.45 pm
Open December- January:
- From Shin-Hotaka Onsen (Ascent): 9.00 am – 3.30 pm
- Shirakabadaira (Ascent): 9.15 am – 3.45 pm
- Nishihotakaguchi (Descent): 9.15 am – 4.15 pm
For other hours and change in schedule, visit the official website.
How To reach Shinhotaka Ropeway by Public Transport
- By Train: Nabehira Takahara Station (4.9 kilometers away)
- By renting a bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Takayama before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Takayama and book an accommodation of your choice.
Shinhotaka Ropeway, Takayama Reviews - Write a Review
Here we use rope-way to roof observation deck. When we arrived, snow was still falling. It is very cold. On the roof observation deck also has restaurant by using vending machine. There also snow corridor, if the weather is fine, you will enjoy however for my is very cold, we can only stay for a moment and hurry to go inside because it is super cold.
Spend around 2-3hours going up and down the ropeway just to enjoy the view at the top. Suggest to spend a night in one of the onsen ryokan nearby!
Mostly my fault, but if you go on a rainy day be prepared for no view and a pricey bus ride. There's some great hiking though, and the fall colours are nice!
A great day out going up the mountain. Would highly recommend. If you are going in the winter then wrap up warm! It was -12c at the top!
Cool old ropeway with nice views and a different world at the top. Go if in tge area and want to get some altitude awareness.
- Nearby Attractions
- 飛騨 こって牛
- Guesthouse Ouka
- Miyagawa River
- Bandai Kadomise
- Takayama Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Takayama
- What to See in 48 Hours in Takayama
- What to See in 72 Hours in Takayama
- How to Spend 5 Days in Takayama
- How to Spend 6 Days in Takayama
- How to Spend 7 Days in Takayama