Takayama Betsuin Shorenji Temple
- Address: 6 Teppomachi, Takayama-shi, Gifu-ken 506-0857, Japan
- Phone: +81-577320688
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Believed to date back prior to the Edo period, the Takayama Betsuin Shorenji Temple is a sight to behold right from the entrance. The small town stands still in time and is a beautiful spot to walk round especially during winters, when the snow embellishes the grand buildings. The bell is the highlight of the town placed in a tower while the diverse buildings themselves are a treat for architecture and history lovers.
- Recommended time to visit 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- By Bus: Takayama Nohi Bus Center (Around 1.5 kilometers away)
- By Train: Takayama Station (Around 1.5 kilometers away)
- By renting a bicycle.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Takayama before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Takayama and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.63% of people who visit Takayama include Takayama Betsuin Shorenji Temple in their plan
95% of people start their Takayama Betsuin Shorenji Temple visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Takayama Betsuin Shorenji Temple
A temple that may look impressive but really has noting to offer but bus parking where the passengers get off and say oooooh a temple and think it’s nice when in reality there is so much more to see and better temples away from he glorified parking lot.
Just wow. We are so behind the Japanese it's actually ridiculous!
Great walk-around place.
Small quaint heritage vilage