Pirita KloosterCurrently Closed
- Address: Merivalja tee 18, 11911 Tallinn, Estonia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +372-6055044
- Ticket Price: 2 EUR
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Walking Area, Family And Kids, Monastery
Pirita Klooster - Review
Dedicate to St. Brigitta, the Convent was built in the 15th century and during its prime, was one of the largest Catholic monasteries in Old Livonia.
Even though the monastery was attacked during the Livonia war by Russian troops, today, the place still stands tall with classic Tallinn architecture in stone construction. Visit the ruins to see a chapter of the city’s history that was short lived. However, the ruins still have a certain charm and is perfect for a walk when in the city.
Pirita Klooster Information
- Other contact detail: +372 58173560
Pirita Klooster Ticket Prices
- Adult: Euros 2
- Children, students and pensioners: Euro 1
- Family ticket 4 Euros
How To reach Pirita Klooster by Public Transport
- By Bus: Pirita
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car / Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tallinn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tallinn and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pirita Klooster
32.12% of people who visit Tallinn include Pirita Klooster in their plan
42.07% of people start their Pirita Klooster visit around 7 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Pirita Klooster
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pirita Klooster
Pirita Klooster Map
Pirita Klooster Trips
Pirita Klooster, Tallinn Reviews
It's a wonderful place full of wonderful people. ♡
Good place to visit in non-popular part of Tallinn. But unfortunately closed now.
A site Estonia should be proud of, gorgeous in rainy days, especially in the evening, BUT Humanity invented revolving doors, to let people exit the area of popular touristic site, even if the so called guard can't wait till the announced closing time (that can be asked only by phone, in the same day of the visit), .and don't lock the gate, without even checking if someone is inside ,Besides,actually there is no normal opening hours and you can reach the site's gates in a dry sunny day, and it will be closed. The modern fence on the good old walls around is also very strange. Nevertheless, it's highly reccomended to visit Pirita Convent ruins, and feel the atmosphere of the Middle Ages. Good luck!
Like this historic outdoor sight. It's not that big but interesting. Small entrance fee.
Pictureque ruins, too bad you can't go into the tower.
All QuestionsPirita klooster
- Muzeum Archeologiczne
- Kolonia Artystów
- Cza Cza Fiks Łukasz Proch
- Muzeum Bursztynu
- Sanktuarium Matki Bożej Saletyńskiej W Archidiecezji Gdańskiej - Danzig
- Kościół Zielonoświątkowy
- Kosciól Rzymskokatolicki Rektorski Sw. Elzbiety
- Żuraw. Muzeum Morskie. Oddział Centralnego Muzeum Morskiego
- L B Brzuskiewicz Gdańska Pracownia Konserwatorska
- Parafia Greckokatolicka św. Bartłomieja I Opieki NMP
- Centrum Ekumeniczne św. Brygidy
- Zgromadzenie Misjonarzy Saletynów. Parafia Rzymskokatolicka I Sanktuarium Pw. Matki Bożej Saletyńskiej
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Miłosierdzia Bożego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św.Barbary Gdańsk