Tallinn Zoo, Tallinn
Tallinn Zoo - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: Paldiski maantee 145, 13522 Tallinn, Estonia
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 2K times in trip plans
Zoo, Family And Kids
For flawless planning, use holiday itinerary making tool
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Tallinn Zoo, Tallinn
Home to more than 500 species and 13,000 animals, the Tallinn Zoo occupies the gorgeous Veskimetsa park forest. From leopards, Elephants, an aquarium of corals and fishes to reptiles and birds, the place is a haven for wild animals and to see them up close, is an overwhelming experience for animal lovers.
The Middle- Asian Complex with camels, yak, bison, hyenas and horses along with swans and ducks, is the highlight of the zoo. The ‘Hawk Mountain’ is home to golden eagles and vultures and is a popular place for bird lovers.
Tallinn Zoo Ticket Prices
October- April: Day Ticket
- Adult: Euros 4
- Discount: Euros 2
- Family: Euros 9
May- September: Day Ticket
- Adult: Euros 7
- Discount: Euros 4
- Family: Euros 17
- On special day (1st of June ja 25th of August): Euros 2
- Children up to age 6.
- Journalists when working (document required).
- Users of Tallinn Card.
- Up to 2 adults accompanying a group of children.
- One additional person per every group of 20.
- ICOM members, members of the Friends of Tallinn Zoo, staff members of other zoos (member cards or job certificates are required).
Tallinn Zoo Opening and Closing Hours
- The Indoor expositions close on Mondays while all the attraction are open daily.
- The Zoo closes two hours after the ticket office is closed.
Winter season (November-February):
- Ticket office: 9.00 am - 3.00 pm
- Indoor expositions: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm
- Children’s Zoo: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm (open daily)
Spring and autumn season (March- April; September - October):
- Ticket office: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
- Indoor expositions: 10.00 am - 6.00 pm
- Children’s Zoo: 10.00 am - 6.00 pm (open daily)
Summer season (May-August):
- Ticket office: 9.00 am - 7.00 pm
- Indoor expositions: 10.00 am - 7.00 pm
- Children’s Zoo: 10.00 am - 7.00 pm(open daily)
How To reach Tallinn Zoo by Public Transport
- Bus: Zoo
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tallinn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tallinn and book an accommodation of your choice.
Tallinn Zoo, Tallinn Reviews
Large zoo reachable by a short bus journey from the town centre. Range of animals including elephants and birds of prey. Special focus on wild goat and sheep species and recently opened large polar bear enclosure. Good value for money.
Tallinn Zoo is almost next door, so it's always nice hearing the lion roar in summer. The zoo is a nice place to visit on every season. Different animals are actice on different times, so it's nice to see them minding their business. A new Polarium was recently opened there, so you can watch what polar bears do!
Plenty of walking to fill the day, can see animals, big and small, but the conditions the animals are in could be better. Fortunately they are working on it, even though it's an never-ending process. Can rent a cart to drop kinds in if one feels that they would become tired (and they will).
Nice zoo with a large variety of animals. Some are still in small Soviet cages but the zoo is working on this. They are building a new polar bear enclosure and it looks like it'll be great. The baby rhino was very cute and their collection of goats is impressive. Beautiful tiger. We didn't see all animals as some were inside but that was to be expected. There is a decent number of cafés but don't expect high quality food. It's just decent. Overall a great experience.
Most of the animals have already nice new spaces to live and compared to other zoos it has plenty of space to expand and improve even further. Easy to access by public transport.