Tallinn ZooCurrently Closed
- Address: Paldiski maantee 145, 13522 Tallinn, Estonia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +372-6943300
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
Tallinn Zoo - Review
Home to more than 500 species and 13,000 animals, the Tallinn Zoo occupies the gorgeous Veskimetsa park forest. From leopards, Elephants, an aquarium of corals and fishes to reptiles and birds, the place is a haven for wild animals and to see them up close, is an overwhelming experience for animal lovers.
The Middle- Asian Complex with camels, yak, bison, hyenas and horses along with swans and ducks, is the highlight of the zoo. The ‘Hawk Mountain’ is home to golden eagles and vultures and is a popular place for bird lovers.
Tallinn Zoo Ticket Prices
October- April: Day Ticket
- Adult: Euros 4
- Discount: Euros 2
- Family: Euros 9
May- September: Day Ticket
- Adult: Euros 7
- Discount: Euros 4
- Family: Euros 17
- On special day (1st of June ja 25th of August): Euros 2
- Children up to age 6.
- Journalists when working (document required).
- Users of Tallinn Card.
- Up to 2 adults accompanying a group of children.
- One additional person per every group of 20.
- ICOM members, members of the Friends of Tallinn Zoo, staff members of other zoos (member cards or job certificates are required).
Tallinn Zoo Hours
- The Indoor expositions close on Mondays while all the attraction are open daily.
- The Zoo closes two hours after the ticket office is closed.
Winter season (November-February):
- Ticket office: 9.00 am - 3.00 pm
- Indoor expositions: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm
- Children’s Zoo: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm (open daily)
Spring and autumn season (March- April; September - October):
- Ticket office: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
- Indoor expositions: 10.00 am - 6.00 pm
- Children’s Zoo: 10.00 am - 6.00 pm (open daily)
Summer season (May-August):
- Ticket office: 9.00 am - 7.00 pm
- Indoor expositions: 10.00 am - 7.00 pm
- Children’s Zoo: 10.00 am - 7.00 pm(open daily)
How To reach Tallinn Zoo by Public Transport
- Bus: Zoo
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tallinn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tallinn and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Tallinn Zoo
37.37% of people who visit Tallinn include Tallinn Zoo in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
30.88% of people start their Tallinn Zoo visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Tallinn Zoo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tallinn Zoo
People normally club together Kumu and MpeÕk Paldiski Püha Suurmärter Panteleimoni Kogudus while planning their visit to Tallinn Zoo.
Tallinn Zoo Trips
Tallinn Zoo, Tallinn Reviews
This is a great zoo. The elephant enclosure is massive compared to others and I liked that. There are a couple banks of old enclosures that are overgrown with weeds and look pretty shabby. It would be better if they did something with these (maybe remove the doors and make a fun child zoo idea or something?). I think baby rhinos are the cutest thing in the world and the little guy at this zoo was so fun to watch. We will definitely go back
Since my birth i go there almost every year. I love our small zoo. We have sufficient variety of animals and some of them are very rare, like a polar bear. Zoo administration trying to develop it's as much as possible, recently they've build up a polar bear and elephant's new territories. Recommend it to everyone.
The zoo is wonderfully located. The area is really big and tremendously good space for animal mobility. If climate allows or can be artificially developed, then zoo should get more animals like panda, zebra and giraffe.. But i loved my visit.
We enjoyed our visit today. The polar bear and elephant enclosures are brilliant. Many of the other exhibits are good. As British visitors we would have welcomed more consistent provision of English translations. We enjoyed the extensive walks through pleasant grounds - some visitors might find the distances to be walked too much. But overall very good value and plenty to interest all ages.
Love our Tallinn zoo! Really a great place to do a family visit. Kids can observe animals, there are also a lot of activities.