Tallinn Zoo, Tallinn
About Tallinn Zoo, Tallinn
Tallinn Zoo, Tallinn - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Paldiski maantee 145, 13522 Tallinn, Estonia
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 2K times in trip plans
Zoo, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Home to more than 500 species and 13,000 animals, the Tallinn Zoo occupies the gorgeous Veskimetsa park forest. From leopards, Elephants, an aquarium of corals and fishes to reptiles and birds, the place is a haven for wild animals and to see them up close, is an overwhelming experience for animal lovers.
The Middle- Asian Complex with camels, yak, bison, hyenas and horses along with swans and ducks, is the highlight of the zoo. The ‘Hawk Mountain’ is home to golden eagles and vultures and is a popular place for bird lovers.
Tallinn Zoo Ticket Prices
October- April: Day Ticket
- Adult: Euros 4
- Discount: Euros 2
- Family: Euros 9
May- September: Day Ticket
- Adult: Euros 7
- Discount: Euros 4
- Family: Euros 17
- On special day (1st of June ja 25th of August): Euros 2
- Children up to age 6.
- Journalists when working (document required).
- Users of Tallinn Card.
- Up to 2 adults accompanying a group of children.
- One additional person per every group of 20.
- ICOM members, members of the Friends of Tallinn Zoo, staff members of other zoos (member cards or job certificates are required).
Tallinn Zoo Opening and Closing Hours
- The Indoor expositions close on Mondays while all the attraction are open daily.
- The Zoo closes two hours after the ticket office is closed.
Winter season (November-February):
- Ticket office: 9.00 am - 3.00 pm
- Indoor expositions: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm
- Children’s Zoo: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm (open daily)
Spring and autumn season (March- April; September - October):
- Ticket office: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
- Indoor expositions: 10.00 am - 6.00 pm
- Children’s Zoo: 10.00 am - 6.00 pm (open daily)
Summer season (May-August):
- Ticket office: 9.00 am - 7.00 pm
- Indoor expositions: 10.00 am - 7.00 pm
- Children’s Zoo: 10.00 am - 7.00 pm(open daily)
How To reach Tallinn Zoo by Public Transport
- Bus: Zoo
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tallinn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tallinn and book an accommodation of your choice.
Tallinn Zoo, Tallinn Reviews - Write a Review
Nice zoo with a large variety of animals. Some are still in small Soviet cages but the zoo is working on this. They are building a new polar bear enclosure and it looks like it'll be great. The baby rhino was very cute and their collection of goats is impressive. Beautiful tiger. We didn't see all animals as some were inside but that was to be expected. There is a decent number of cafés but don't expect high quality food. It's just decent. Overall a great experience.
Most of the animals have already nice new spaces to live and compared to other zoos it has plenty of space to expand and improve even further. Easy to access by public transport.
Great place to visit with family. New polarbear building is great. The area is huge, so take time. There is also small place to have your favourite junkfood or icecream. And the ticket is quite cheap too.
Overall a really nice zoo but some caged should definitely be more modern. Occasionally it looks like a Soviet era zoo. Most of the place is fortunately renovated and animal friendly
A very big zoo with a wide range of species, the new polar bear premise is fascinating.
- Nearby Attractions
- Eesti Apostlik-oigeusu Kirik (eaok)
- Adventist Church
- Swedish St. Michael's Church
- Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church In Estonia Tallinn Parish
- St. Nicholas Church
- Energy Discovery Centre
- Lowenruh Park
- Tallinn Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Tallinn
- What to See in 48 Hours in Tallinn
- What to See in 72 Hours in Tallinn
- How to Spend 5 Days in Tallinn
- How to Spend 6 Days in Tallinn
- How to Spend 7 Days in Tallinn