Toompea Hill And CastleCurrently Open
- Address: Toompea, 10130 Tallinn, Estonia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +372-6316345
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Family And Kids, Hill
Toompea Hill And Castle - Review
The Toompea Hill located in the middle of the Estonian government and the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, offers a fabulous view of the city. Legends say that the hill was formed where Linda mourned for Karev and placed a mound of stones over his tomb.
Dating back to the 13th century, the Toompea Castle was built as part of the fortress of the city. The Baroque facades were added in the 18th century and even today the castle is home to Riigikogu- the Estonian parliament. Take a walk here to see the majestic castle, to breathe the history of the place and to take photos of the city’s skyline.
Toompea Hill And Castle Ticket Prices
- For tour prices of the castle, call up the place.
Toompea Hill And Castle Opening and Closing Hours
- The Hill can be visited anytime of the day.
- English guided tour every Friday at 11:00 am.
- Group tours offered with other preferred languages from Monday through Thursdays, between 10:00 am - 4:00 pm and Fridays 10:00 am - 3:00 pm.
How To reach Toompea Hill And Castle by Public Transport
- Bus: Balti jam
- Train: Baltic Station Balti jaam
- Light Rail/ Tram: Balti jaam
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tallinn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tallinn and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Toompea Hill And Castle
95% of people who visit Tallinn include Toompea Hill And Castle in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
31.02% of people start their Toompea Hill And Castle visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Toompea Hill And Castle
72.53% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Toompea Hill And Castle