Busch GardensCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
Tampa’s rightly famous for as a theme park destination, and this is one of the two main reasons (the other is Adventure Park). With about 4.5 million visitors every year, this Africa themed park is one of the USA’s and indeed the world’s most visited. There are two ways of travelling the park’s vast 335 acre expanse the Serengeti Railway, which is a replica steam engine, and the Skyride, a cable car. The various themed areas are as follows:
- Morroco: The park’s main entrance and and 82kmh rollercoaster.
- Sesame Street Safari: Land of the dragons and an interactive play area.
- Stanleyville: Sheikra, and the only Dive Coaster in the USA.
- Congo: Kumba and Congo River Rapids – the park’s two mist popular rides.
- Jungala: Stiltwalkers, animal walkers, and water play area.
- Pantopia: Rides based on the African malls that opened in 1980.
- Nairobi: Animal care centre, alligators, gorillas and Rhino Rally Ride.
- Crown Colony Plaza: a rollercoaster and skyride station.
- Egypt: Beduoin tents and replica of King Tutankhamen's tomb.
And that’s not even including the animal rides!
- Cheetah Run
- Serengeti Plain
- Myombe Reserve
- Edge of Africa
- Orangutan Outpost
- Tiger Trail
- Kulu Canopy
- Jambo Junction
- Walkabout Way
- Curiousity Caverns
- Asian Adventures
The park also hosts several annual events such as the Real Music Series; Bands, BBQ and Brew (concerts and comedy); Viva La Musica (latin music acts); Summer Nights (concerts); Howl-O-Scream for Halloween; Christmas Themes in November and Decemeber.
Busch Gardens is one of the main attractions for Tampa in US tourism. Busch Gardens tickets are always the hotshot and hence chances are that you might have to stand in long lines to get tickets for Busch Gardens. We offer you a chance to buy tickets for Busch Gardens tours at affordable prices and that too without any hassles. Busch Gardens ticket prices come at affordable range with us.
- Get map of park on the attraction website.
- The ticket prices for the park are given on the attraction website. They are sold under various schemes, many of which let you bring guests; or are specialised to weekdays and weekends. Tickets may also be bought in combo with other attractions.
- Tampa Bay City Pass can be purchased here.
- There are all day dining passes starting from USD 30.
- Ticket prices also includes admission into Adventure Island
- Hours are subject to change by management decision month to month. Check attraction website for hours for the specific district you’d like to visit.
- Bus 18 on 30th St @ Annie St
- Eateries at the Park
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tampa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tampa and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Tampa include Busch Gardens in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
78.74% of people start their Busch Gardens visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Busch Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Busch Gardens
Christmas Town is the best! But over all, this theme park is the best attraction to take your whole family to. Huge rides that go fast for thrill- seekers, or kiddie rides that are slow for little kids. I recommend this park and it's so good, it will probably be the only theme park that you remember. Great educational animal tours and beautiful scenery of animals when you walk through the park! 😊👍😀
Had a great time with my family. The kangaroos were so cute. Loved the petting area for the kids. And the Bird cage... The birds literally landed on my husband. That was awesome. Lets not forget the Lion. We got a great close up of him.
We have been twice, once on a not so busy day and once when it was slam packed. The quick pass was well worth the cost and the overlook restaurant was a nice respite from the heat. We miss the old menu but were still happy with the new one. Aside from the rides, we really really enjoyed the train through different animal habitats and all of the animal attractions were fun and educational. Highly recommend for locals and visitors. Lots to see and do here.
We had a great time there! Two adults plus 3 kids ages 9, 11 & 11). Park opened at 10am, we arrived at 11am on Black Friday and stayed until 10pm. Parking was a nightmare and cost $25! I felt after paying $79.00 each for 5 tickets (that was based on a 3 day advance purchase discounted price), that another $25 was excessive. The longest line we had was right after lunch on the Cheetah. It was an hour. Cobra was up and down all day, so we didn't ride that. All the other ones were less than 30 minute wait and SUPER FUN. Staff was friendly and helpful. The animals were delightful. The shows...fantastic! The park was decorated for Christmas with Christmas music playing. It really helped us get into a festive mood. Food to feed 5 was $62 and was marginal (2 fried chicken tenders and French fries meals, cheese pizza, plus club sandwich and a wrap, both with fries). Best deal was purchasing a cup with free refills.
Great clean wholesome family fun! Great thrill roller coasters. Fun kiddie rides. Sesame Street is amazing for toddlers! Jungala is so fun for animal lovers. The park is always clean and maintained. The staff is friendly and smiling. There are plenty of shows and meet the zookeepers times to enjoy throughout the day. Good food. Something for everyone to do! Plus plenty of events such as Howl-O-Scream and Christmas Town. Expensive but worth every penny. I recommend this theme park. In fact I take most of my out-of-town visitors to have the Busch Gardens experience.