Lowry Park ZooCurrently Closed
- Address: 1101 West Sligh Avenue, Tampa, FL 33604, United States
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8139358552
- Ticket Price: 25 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Sanctuary , Park, Zoo, Educational Site, Walking Area, Family And Kids
63 acres of family friendly, educational non-profit goodness that allows you to get up close and personal with the animals this is one of the best zoos in the country. Focused on education, recreation, conservation and research, the zoo helps endangered species from around the world. There are a LOT of Florida residents, such as the Key deer, American alligator, flamingos, Roseate spoonbill, Florida panther, American crocodile, North American river otter. Also, have you ever wanted to feed a lorikeet or a stingray? You can! The zoo has recently added a Safari section for African elephants, giraffe, Grevy's zebra, white rhinoceros, shoebill stork, okapi, and meerkats.
The Zoo manages 95 Species Survival Plan projects such, in addition to a hospital care centre dedicated to the rehabilitation of manatees. Just for perks, they’ve thrown in a few rides for kids too, including a mini-roller coaster, and the Gator Flume ride (it cost 1.5 million to build).
- Outside food and drink not allowed inside.
- Smoking in designated areas only.
- Check out the cute gift shop.
- The Tampa Bay City Pass can be purchased here.
- USD 23 for 60+age, USD 20 for 3-11 year olds, Free for below 2 years.
- Free parking.
- Buses 41 and 45 to 48 (Sligh Ave)
- Reilly’s reserve
- Safari Lodge and Sweet Shoppe are all on zoo premises
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tampa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tampa and book an accommodation of your choice.
57.6% of people who visit Tampa include Lowry Park Zoo in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
55.38% of people start their Lowry Park Zoo visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Lowry Park Zoo
92.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lowry Park Zoo