In the south wing of Plant Hall (itself a U.S. National Historic Landmark), this the Henry B Plant museum covers several interesting aspects of the erstwhile 500 room Tampa Bay Hotel (which was hosted in this building), and the lifestyles of its celebrity guests.
The Primary Exhibits are:
- Paradise: A 19th century tropical landscaped garden with istoric images from brochures, newspapers, negative slides, and photographs. It’s very charmingly and whimsically decorated.
- Wedgewood: An exhibition of British Pottery.
- Japan and the Victorians: Artwork from Japan from during the gilded age.
- Portraits of late-Victorian writers that were popular among Plant Hotel guests. The aimof the exhibition is to recreate the grandeur of the gilded age of tourism.
In December, the museum set’s a special exhibition every year called the Victorian Christmas Stroll from 10am-8pm from the 1st to the 23rd. Christmas influences from Victorian England replete with Charles Dickens, Saint Nick and dazzling décor delights visitors. Kids can play the “Where’s Henry” Scavenger Game.
Check out the museum store for some crazy merchandise such asbooks, fragrances, jewellery, children’s toys, stationery, and home accessories.
Plant Hall Travel Tips
- Backpacks and strollers are not allowed inside the museum.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed.
- Personal use, non-flash photography only.
Entrance Ticket Details For Plant Hall
- USD 7 for students and seniors.
- USD 5 for 4-12 years of age.
- December Prices: USD 15 adults; USD 13 for seniors and students; USD 9 for 4-18 years.
- No admission is required for access to the museum store.
- Dairy Queen
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tampa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tampa and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.57% of people who visit Tampa include Plant Hall in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
60.71% of people start their Plant Hall visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Plant Hall
91.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Plant Hall
People normally club together Ss American Victory Mariners' Memorial And Museum Ship and Lettuce Lake Park while planning their visit to Plant Hall.