How to Reach Tampere
The Easiest Way to Reach Tampere
- By Air: All flights to Tampere land at Tampere-Pirkkala airport. From the airport, get onto Tampere Public Transport Bus Line 1 to get to the City. Alternatively, you may hire a cab.
- By Rail: Tampere is well connected to neighbouring cities and further by National railroad company – VR. If travelling to Tampere via Helsinki, then the best way to reach the City is to take a bus ride to Tikkurila station and board the train to Tampere.
- By Bus: Two service operators – ExpressBus and Onnibus – have regular and frequent service to and from Tampere. Tickets booked online may be a bit cheaper rather than the one bought from the diver directly once on board.
- By Car: Hiring a cab and driving around is one of the best ways to explore the City. A lot of international and local rental agencies have offices in Tampere giving tourists a lot of choice to choose from. Be mindful of the fact that City has quite a one way streets and roads get slippery during winters due to ice. Legal driving age in Tampere is 18.
- By Bus: City is well connected by its extensive bus network. When traveling by bus, buying a Tampere Tourist Card is the best thing you could do. You may buy Tourist Card at railway station, bus station or from the City transportation office at Frenckellin Aukio 2 B.
- By Cab: The City has no private cab companies and runs only on national taxi service. Although a bit expensive, hiring a cab is one of the fastest and safest way to get around in the City.
- On Foot: Downtown can best be explored on foot. Or you may hire a bike to get around – although the City doesn’t have many bike lanes and use of bikes may be limited.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Tampere and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Tampere
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Tampere. The most preferred mode of transport in Tampere is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 8.55 km Average time: 35.18 min
Bus/Trolleybus 54.55%Bus 28.33 min Waiting 6.33 min Walking 5.5 min Overall average time for 11.58 kms 40.17 min
Bike 9.09%Bike 30 min Overall average time for 10 kms 30 min
Walking 27.27%Walking 33.33 min Bike 1.33 min Overall average time for 2.83 kms 34.67 min
Car 9.09%Driving 12 min Overall average time for 6 kms 12 min
- How to reach Cities Near Tampere
- How to reach Pukkila
- How to reach Heinlax
- How to reach Voikkaa
- How to reach Ulvila
- How to reach Järvelä
- How to reach Masala
- How to reach Larsmo
- How to reach Pirkkala
- How to reach Taipalsaari
- How to reach Jokioinen
- How to reach Huittinen
- How to reach Veikkola
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Sardinia
- How to reach Matthews
- How to reach Bandipur
- How to reach Kremperheide
- How to reach Dieren
- How to reach Chicata
- How to reach Bothaville
- How to reach Connells Point
- How to reach Santo Antônio Do Amparo
- How to reach Shadrinsk