Kaleva Church128 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Liisanpuisto 1, 33540 Tampere, Finland
- Timings: 06:00 am - 11:00 am Details
- Phone: +358-408048774
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
A must visit for all the tourists – this Church building is quite unique in the sense that its architecture is very different as compared to other Churches. It is built in the shape of a fish – a symbol of early Christianity – visible only when viewed from the top.
Called as "The Silo of Souls" (Sielujen siilo) by the locals, the Church has equally impressive interiors. Designed by Reima and Raili Pietila, some of notable features are – use of space and light, arch pillars, wooden surfaces and no square or rectangular corners since it is in the shape of a fish.
Founded in 1953, it took quite some time for the committee members to receive a Church of their own. The Church was finally made open to public in 1966.
Kaleva Church Travel Tips
- Give a call prior to the visit to confirm opening and closing hours.
How to Reach Kaleva Church
- Route# 1K, 1L, 1T, 1V, 8, 8R, 20, 21Y, 27, 28, 28Y, 29 – Kalevan kirkko I.
- Route# 3, 3V, 17, 25, 47, 47H – Kalevan kirkko.
- Pizza Kebab 14
- Pieni Panda
- New Garden
- Tiili Krouvi Oy
- Koti Pizza
- Tmi Maija-Liisa Noro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tampere before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tampere and book an accommodation of your choice.
26.07% of people who visit Tampere include Kaleva Church in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
79.41% of people start their Kaleva Church visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Kaleva Church
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kaleva Church