Fascinated by James Bond and the likes? Pay a visit to World’s first Spy Museum for interesting displays and history about the world of espionage.
Housed in an old factory building, Museum was made open to public in 1998 and was founded by Teppo Turja. It has on display devices used by International spies, specifically during Cold War. It also has on display spy gadgets.
Kim Philby, Ethel and Julius Rosenberg, Richard Sorge, Mata Hari, Oleg Gordievsky and Sidney Reilly are some of the spies whose work and lives are described in detail. Visitors can take guided tours to better understand the Museum and its inhabitants. It also organized an “agent test” and the participants get a recommendation letter to take back as a souvenir.
Spy Museum Travel Tips
- Read up a little about the spies and their lives if you can – it will add to the experience. Not mandatory though.
Entrance Ticket Details For Spy Museum
- Students and Children (6-17 years of age) 6 €
- Audio Guide 2 €
- Agent Test 5 €
- Guided Tour (Weekdays): 70 € ; (Weekends)- 90 €
- Children under 6 years of age – FREE
- Groups, special occasions and events – Prior appointment is a must
How to Reach Spy Museum
- Route# 24, 47 & 47H – Finlayson
- Route# 47 – Satakunnankatu 23
- Classic American Diner
- Panimoravintola Plevna
- Ristorante Bella Roma
- Ravintola the grill
- Bravo Plaza
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tampere before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tampere and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.68% of people who visit Tampere include Spy Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
68.63% of people start their Spy Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Spy Museum
57.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Spy Museum