Are you looking for what to do in Tampere?
PLACES TO SEE
- Pyynikki Park and Observation Tower: Located in close proximity to City, Pyynikki Park has been and is a top favorite among locals and a must visit attraction for the tourists. The park also has a 26 meter observation tower that stands approximately 150 meters above sea level – giving its visitors stunning views of the City and the lakes Näsijärvi and Pyhäjärvi.
- Sarkanniemi Adventure Park: Not only it is the biggest amusement park in the City, it also has an aquarium, planetarium, dolphinarium, zoo, angry birds land, dog hill, an art museum, an observation tower and much more! Observation tower at the Park – Nasinneula Observation Tower – is the second highest in Nordic region! Get panoramic view of the City and its lakes! It also has a revolving restaurant - Restaurant Näsinneula at the top of Nasinneula Observation Tower! No wonder, it is one of the top attractions in the City.
- Spy Museum (Vakoilumuseo): World’s first ever Spy Museum! Housed in an old factory building, Museum was made open to public in 1998 and was founded by Teppo Turja. It has on display devices used by International spies, specifically during Cold War. It also has on display spy gadgets. One of the best places to visit while at Tampere.
- Kaleva Church: A must visit for all the tourists – this Church building is quite unique in the sense that its architecture is very different as compared to other Churches. It is built in the shape of a fish – a symbol of early Christianity – visible only when viewed from the top.
- Rajaportin Sauna: Get the best sauna experience at oldest public sauna in Finland. Started in 1906, it still uses wood to heat the Sauna in a traditional manner. Only change made in the Sauna is the partition made for men’s and women’s washroom somewhere around 1930s.
THINGS TO DO
- Laukontori Market: A shopping centre along with a fresh produce market by the lakeside!
- Market Hall (Kauppahalli): A historic shopping mall that was built in 1901.
- Tullintori: A must visit, more so because of it architecture!
- Ilves: One of the most popular clubs in Tampere. Dress well if you would like an entry into this upscale bar and nightclub!
Below we have a list of things to do in Tampere and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Tampere getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Tampere with confidence.