This quaint little beach town in Morocco draws hippies, traders and hippies at heart, given its free-spiritedness. The meeting point of Africa and Europe, Tangier will is a sweet melange of both the cultures. Been influenced by various rulers – Arabs, Portuguese, Vandals and the Romans, the city is a standing testimony of several conflicts. If you love old cities, Tangier will find a place in your heart, being one of Africa’s oldest cities, that is as old as more than two thousand years old!
A vibrant culture of souks, a buzzing medina, kasbah with panoramic vistas of the ocean, Tangier is full of things to do and see. Adventure, shopping, bliss, and rejuvenation, Tangier will quench your thirst!
Essential travel information and Tangier tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Greenwich Mean Time; 0
- Currency: Dirhams
- Electricity and Internet: The voltage is 220 V/ 50 Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages: Darija is the most-widely spoken language in Tangier. Followed by Berber or Tangerian.
- Security: Dial 19 for police, 15 for fire brigade and ambulance in Tangier.
- Try The Popular drink: Panache - a tasteful mix of natural fruit juices often with milk, apple and almond!Visit Hercules Cave, located at about 14 kilometres from Tangier for archaeological significance and breath-taking beauty.
- Tipping: Tipping in Tangier is not customary, but appreciated.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Tangier
Save 4%Tangier's sightseeing tour with bilingual driver escort
5 Hrs5 Reviews
Save 5%Private Guided Day Tour of Tangier
1 Day10 Reviews
Save 7%Tangier Half-Day Guided City Tour
4 Hrs6 Reviews
Save 12%3 Days Morocco Private Tour from Tangier
3 Days2 Reviews
Save 4%4 Hours tour of Tangier
5 Hrs26 Reviews
Save 2%Chefchaouen Day trip from Tangier
10 Hrs21 Reviews