How to Reach Tangier
HOW TO GET TO TANGIER
- By Air: The closest airport is the Tangier-Ibn Batouta Airport, which is at a distance of 12 kilometres from Tangier.
- By Rail: Tanger Ville is the end of the line towards Tangier. The frequency of trains to Marrakesh is very good.
- By Road: There are two stations in Tangier for long distance bus travels – TRAMESA and C.T.M. All major Moroccan cities and airports are well connected by roads to Tangier. You can even come by a car by a ferry from Spain!
- By Ferry: Tarifa port is the boarding point to and for Tangier.
HOW TO GET AROUND TANGIER
- This is a tiny city, which can be easily explored on foot, in fact, best explored on foot. With attraction lying within hardly any distances of each other, and mostly concentrated in the medina area, exploring Tangier’s quaint alleys at your own pace, is a sheer delight! And if you’re a little lazy to venture on foot, you can board the local Petit taxis.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Tangier. The most preferred mode of transport in Tangier is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 9.5 km Average time: 45.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 50%Bus 15 min Waiting 5 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 15 kms 21 min
Walking 50%Walking 45 min Bus 15 min Waiting 10 min Overall average time for 4 kms 70 min