Greek Amphitheatre755 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via Del Teatro Greco, 1, 98039 Taormina ME, Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-094223220
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
Climb up to the top of theatre to get the best views of endless sea and magnificent Mount Etna! Bring along a picnic basket and spend a lazy afternoon with friends and family or get here around couple of hours before sunset and capture one of the most stunning sunsets! A photographer’s paradise, a visit any time of the day is a sight to behold!
Built around third century BC, Ancient Teatro Greco of Taormina is the second largest theatre in Sicily and is a must visit if you plan to visit in summer – this ancient Theatre plays host to various music and opera festivals!
Whether the theatre is built by Greeks or Romans is a debate that has been on for a long time now. If looked closely, one would find the evidence of Greek origin in well-cut bricks Taormina stone and Greek inscriptions in the theatre whereas evidence of Roman origin lies in the fact these are large theatres as the Greek theatres were quite smaller in size!
Greek Amphitheatre Travel Tips
- Plan a visit around June/ August to get a chance to attend festivals like Taormina film festival in June and Opera Festival in August.
- Visitors will have to climb up to the theatre via the rocky steps.
- Visitors may also bring along some snacks to have a small picnic while enjoying the stunning views of the Sea and Mount Etna.
Entrance Ticket Details For Greek Amphitheatre
- Above 25 and below 65 Years - 8 €
- 18 to 25 Years of age – 4 €
- Seniors (65+) and below 18 Years of age– FREE Admission
How to Reach Greek Amphitheatre
- Ancient Teatro Greco is a short walk away from anywhere in the City.
- Ristorante La Bougainville
- Trattoria Da Nino
- Bella Blu
- Al Giardino
- Al Settimo Cielo Del Paradiso
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Taormina before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Taormina and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.21% of people who visit Taormina include Greek Amphitheatre in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
80.57% of people start their Greek Amphitheatre visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Greek Amphitheatre
64.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Greek Amphitheatre