How to Reach Taormina
HOW TO GET TO TAORMINA
- By Air: There are no direct flights to Taormina. Take a flight till Fontanarossa Airport (Catania, Italy) and from there, hire a car to get to Taormina.
- By Rail: Taormina is well connected to cities like Messina and Catania. Train station is known as Taormina-Giardini. Although well connected, tourists might have to walk a lot from railway station to reach their destination.
- By Bus: Taormina has good connectivity when it comes to buses as well. There are regular services from and to Messina and Catania. It is the best option to choose as most of the buses drop visitors almost at the attraction – with very little need to walk to get to the destination.
HOW TO GET AROUND TAORMINA
- By Foot: It is the best way to explore Taormina city centre as a lot of attractions are in close proximity and tourists will have access to a lot of shops, restaurants and breath-taking views.
- By Car: If car is your mode of transportation – whether tourist’s own or a rented car – tourists are restricted to use it to reach their hotel. Alternatively, one may park them at two main public parking spots at 'Parcheggio Lumbi' or "Parcheggio Porta Catania".
- By Bus: There are regular buses connecting to almost every corner of the City – make use of ASM bus for traveling in the City and InterBus if you would like to explore the attractions or other cities nearby.