Are you looking for what to do in Taormina?
PLACES TO SEE
- Greek Amphitheatre (Teatro Antico di Taormina): Built around third century BC, Ancient Teatro Greco of Taormina is the second largest theatre in Sicily and is a must visit if you plan to visit in summer – this ancient Theatre plays host to various music and opera festivals! Climb up to the top of theatre to get the best views of endless sea and magnificent Mount Etna! A photographer’s paradise, a visit any time of the day is a sight to behold!
- Isola Bella: Literally translates to “The Beautiful Island” but is in fact not an island! Isola Bella is a rock situated near Lido Mazzaro and is connected to the beach via a thin strip of land, accessible only when it is not covered in water. At those times, hire a boat to get to the Island/ rock and enjoy a few hours of hiking and exploring the rock.
- Garden of Villa Comunale (Giardini della Villa Comunale): Get away from the City hustle bustle and enter into a world of beautiful, well-manicured gardens. Frequently visited by locals, it is one of the top attractions and a must visit while in Taormina.
- Piazza IX Aprile: This picturesque piazza will take you back in time as it is the oldest part of Taormina. With its classic black and white paving, panoramic view of boundless sea, live performances on the street, cute little cafes, beautiful Churches and a charming old tower - it is a top choice of the locals for a quick meet up and a must visit for the all tourists visiting Taormina!
- Italian Opera Taormina: While in Italy, do not miss a chance to attend an Opera performance, whether or not you are a fan! Best actors, musicians and singers come together to create a magical experience for the audience.
- Segway Tours: Glide through this charming City of Sicily by taking a guided Segway tour. Post an orientation session of approximately 30 minutes, your guide will take you around the City explaining the history behind magnificent medieval sites and also let you take a lot of pictures. The tour will take approximately 3 hours.
THINGS TO DO
- Shopping: Taormina is filled with shops– Buy something for yourself and get souvenirs and gifts for the loved ones! One such street worth exploring is Corso Umberto– a pedestrian street that is filled with boutiques, shops and restaurants. Also take time to explore small lanes off Corso Umberto for some of the best antique finds!
Below we have a list of things to do in Taormina and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Taormina getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Taormina with confidence.