Casa De La FestaCurrently Open
- Address: Via Augusta,4, 43003 Tarragona, Spain Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 01:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-977220086
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids
The House of the festival is a museum used to display authentic, traditional items used in the Seguici Popular- an annual parade to celebrate the Santa Tecla Festival that takes place from the 15th to 24th of September. The grandeur of the festival is a rare sight and a tourist attraction in itself. However, if you have missed the parade, come here to see the highly detailed statues dressed in traditional clothes and to learn about the history of the festival along with information on the ceremonies of the parade. The Castellers is a highlight of the parade and you can learn about the sport in detail. Did you know that Castellers can be dated back to the 13th century and started off as street performances?
The museum stands on the grounds of a building that dates back to the 15th century. The industrial space itself is quiet an interesting structure. Today, the place consists of 3 exhibition halls and includes audio-visuals that portray just how grand the festival is. The collection of sculptures of animals, human figures used to display certain characters and the props used are perfect to relive the fiesta and if you are traveling with children, this place is a cheat’s way to keep them busy for some time!
Entrance Ticket Details For Casa De La Festa
- Admission to the place is free of cost.
Casa De La Festa Hours
Summer Hours: (from 24 June to 24 September)
- Thursday: 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
- Friday: 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
- Saturday: 11.00 am – 2.00 pm; 5.00 pm – 8.00 pm
- Sunday: 11.00 am – 2.00 pm
Winter Hours: (from 25 September to 23 June)
- Thursday: 9.00 am – 1.00 pm
- Friday: 9.00 am – 1.00 pm
- Saturday: 10.00 am – 2.00 pm; 5.00 pm – 8.00 pm
- Sunday: 10.00 am – 2.00 pm
N:B: The place is closed from 15 to 31 January.
How to Reach Casa De La Festa
- By Bus: at Balcó
- By Train: Tarragona train station
- By Taxi
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tarragona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tarragona and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Casa De La Festa Address: Via Augusta,4, 43003 Tarragona, Spain
- Casa De La Festa Contact Number: +34-977220086
- Casa De La Festa Timing: 10:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Time required to visit Casa De La Festa: 00:45 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!