Spa Thermal ParkCurrently Open
- Address: 281 Spa Rd, Tauhara, Taupo 3378, New Zealand
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +64-73760899
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Park, Hot Spring, Family And Kids
The Spa Thermal Park is a public park in Taupo famous for Otumuheke Stream that has rejuvenating hot springs. The springs are part of the geothermal activity that are intrinsic to Taupo- including the ‘Craters of the Moon’ and the Taupo lake that has hot springs around its periphery. The Spa Park also has a walking trail about 7 kilometres long that takes you to the Huka Falls- a majestic 11 metre high waterfall on the Waikato river.
The Otumuheke Stream has piping hot geothermal water with sulphur that combines with the Waikato river waters to offer soothing pools for visitors to bathe in. Take a dip in the water and relax with the view of the lush greenery all around. Don’t forget to take a walk around the place to make the most of the experience.
Spa Thermal Park Travel Tips
- Carry a bathing suit, towel and/or a change of clothes and other necessities. Do note that there are no changing rooms available here.
- Please do not litter around the place.
- Do carry bottled drinking water and snack with yourself.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
Entrance Ticket Details For Spa Thermal Park
- Admission to the place is Free.
How to Reach Spa Thermal Park
- By Bus: at 221 Taharepa Rd (around 2 kilometers away)
- By Taxi
- By hiring a Push Bike.
- By Renting a Car/ Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Taupo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Taupo and book an accommodation of your choice.