Taupo Tourism, New Zealand
Visit Taupo - Best of Taupo
One of the most picturesque lands situated on the banks of a lake, town Taupo is definitely a must-visit place. The town is located in the centre of North Island of New Zealand. Packed with adventurous sports, this scenic place feeds your adrenaline. If you are up for some heart pumping and nerve racking experience then head towards Taupo. Sky-diving, bungee jumping, skiing, trekking, river-rafting - name any sport and you have it in Taupo. Taupo is also the favorite destination for fishers to catch trouts in the fresh waters of the lake.
Don’t be too disappointed if you aren’t much of a daredevil though, because Taupo has trails for a leisurely walk, natural hot pools for a de-stressing soak, and strikingly beautiful views just to drink in. So, if you are looking for a relaxed holiday with your family then Taupo is the ideal place for you.
Nothing short than a scenic beauty, the landscape of Taupo adorns beautiful colors of nature with each passing season.Taupo experiences cold and windy climate throughout the year with random rains at any time. So, it’s prudent that you carry warm clothes even if you are visiting the town in summer. While you can go to Taupo anytime round the year, Spring season is suggested to be the best time to visit the picture-perfect place. The weather will be mild and you will be welcomed by snow-clad mountains.
The town is known to be the events capital of New Zealand. From endurance sport events to head-banging concerts, Taupo is constantly buzzing with excitement. This has also helped Taupo tourism to flourish dynamically. People from across the boundaries flock to the town to witness the exciting and happening events of Taupo.
As Taupo is centrally located in the North Island of New Zealand, it is at a fair distance from its neighbourhood cities. You can easily reach the place without much hassle. Accommodation in Taupo is also at par, offering dorm rooms for tourists travelling on a budget to luxury resorts for the ones who have come to spend some leisurely time.
Loaded with adventurous as well as leisurely activities, ‘visiting Taupo’ should definitely be on your to-do bucket list.
Taupo Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Taupo tips for your visit
Following are a few tips to make your stay in Taupo more pleasant.
General Info :
- Time-zone : UTC+12:00
- Currency : New Zealand dollar
- Electricity : The electric current in Taupo flows at a frequency of 50Hz and the voltage is 240 volts. Free wifi is provided at a few accommodations in Taupo.
- Languages : English, Maori
- Police station : 111 / 07 378 6060
- Fire/Ambulance : 111
- Coast Guard : 07 377 0400
- Hospital : 07 376 1000
- Taupo airport : +64 7-378 7771
Off-beaten tracks :
- Kuratau : Head west from lake Taupo to this pleasant place which is just perfect to lay back and relax.
- Kinloch : This is a bay to the west of Taupo town center where you can go jump off the rocks and swim leisurely.
- Acacia bay : this place is just 8 minutes out of Taupo and an ideal place for a gentle swim.
- Tokaanu : Head to this small village to watch the active geothermal areas and and have valuables inside it then remember to cover them and lock the car without fail. take a dip in the hot pools.
- Tipping isn’t customary in Taupo, but offering 10% or less gratuity will be much appreciated at restaurants and hotels.
- In case you have rented a car then carry your valuables along with you. If not feasible, cover them well and lock the car without fail.
- The weather in Taupo is cold and windy all throughout the year. So remember to pack warm clothes.
- If you are interested in fishing, then carrying your fishing license is a must.
Are you looking for a Taupo travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Taupo- Know before you go to Taupo
Facts and Stats for Taupo*
Pollution Statistics in Taupo
Know the pollution level of Taupo before you plan your visit.
Water Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Noise and Light Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 50 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 50 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 50 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 50 (Moderate)
Living in Taupo - Quality of Life
Pollution Index 27.59 (Low)
Health Care Index 86.11 (Very High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 9.13 (Moderate)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Taupo
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Taupo
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.31 USD
International Movie per seat 10.39 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 47.1 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 114.29 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 74.46 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Taupo Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Taupo
Taupo Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Taupo
Tongariro Alpine Crossing Shuttle - One Way from Ketetahi Carpark NZ New on TripHobo
Duration: 30 Mins
Let us take you on a journey to experience for yourself the world famous and spectacular Tongariro Alpine Crossing trek. &nbs...Book Now
Water Park Entry to Taupo DeBretts Spa Resort New on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Days
Ahhhhhh the bliss of sliding down into the natural mineral pools of the Taupo DeBretts hot springs. With two huge mineral poo...Book Now
Lake Taupo 12,000-Foot Tandem Skydiving New on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Skydive from 12,000ft above stunning Lake Taupo, New Zealand's original drop zone! Take in spectacular views of the Tongariro...Book Now
Lake Taupo 15,000-Foot Tandem Skydiving New on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Skydive from 15,000ft above stunning Lake Taupo! Take in spectacular coast to coast views of the Tongariro National Park and ...Book Now
- Rotorua Tourism
- Napier Tourism
- Raglan Tourism
- Aramoho Tourism
- Hurworth Tourism
- Whitianga Tourism
- Farm Cove Tourism
- Auckland Tourism
- Karekare Tourism
- Auckland Tourism
- Christchurch Tourism
- Franz Josef Glacier Tourism
- Nelson Tourism
- Dunedin Tourism
- Wellington Tourism