How to Reach Tbilisi, Georgia
The Easiest Way to Reach Tbilisi
HOW TO GET TO TBILISI
- By Air: With an international airport in the form of Tbilisi International Airport, the city of Tbilisi is fairly connected to most of the important places around the world. The airport also comes with all the modern amenities including ATM's, free Wi-Fi, lounge, and sim-card stores. But as the airport is located at a distance of 17 kilometers from the city center, you have to make use of either bus, train, or taxi services to get inside the city.
- By Train: Tbilisi has domestic and international trains running between Tbilisi and the prime cities of Poti, Batumi, Gori, Zugdidi, and Baku, & Yerevan respectively. The trains are comfortable and the tickets for the journey can be purchased either in direct or booked online.
- By Bus: Regular buses and Marshrutkas (mini bus) operate between Tbilisi and Batumi, Kazbegi, Azerbaijan, & some locations in Armenia. Apart from these locations, private bus operators also help connect Tbilisi with Turkey, Thessaloniki, and Athens.
- By Ferry: Tbilisi is not connected directly through ferry. But you can get on a ferry from Ukraine to Batumi and from there you can reach Tbilisi by switching to other transports.
HOW TO GET AROUND TBILISI
- By Metro: Tbilisi has a two-line metro system that operates daily from 6am to 11:59pm. Inside the metro, the station's names are announced both in Gregorian and in English to help the international travelers and there is also a map placed just above the carriage door for reference. To travel better, get a Metromani card and recharge it with a fair amount of cash based on your usage. It can be used to travel in metros, buses, and marshrutkas.
- By Bus: Buses operating inside the city of Tbilisi are painted yellow in color and the general description of the route is displayed in the bus windows, but in Gregorian. To get clear information of the route and to know the right bus to board, check the electronic signs displayed in the bus stops. Use Metromani card to pay for your travel and make sure you keep a copy of the receipt. You can also travel by marshrutkas which are privately owned and help you access the streets.
- By Taxi: Taxis in Tbilisi are again privately owned and help in getting around the city. As the taxis in Tbilisi don't run on meters, it is advisable to negotiate for the fare before going on a ride. If you don't know Russian or Gregorian seek the help of any of your local friends.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Tbilisi and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Tbilisi
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Tbilisi. The most preferred mode of transport in Tbilisi is Car.
Average distance: 11.21 km Average time: 39.52 min
Car 32%Driving 19.75 min Walking 0.25 min Overall average time for 9.13 kms 20 min
Walking 20%Walking 47.6 min Driving 8.8 min Train 4 min Waiting 2 min Bus 2 min Other 2 min Overall average time for 9.4 kms 66.4 min
Bike 4%Bike 10 min Overall average time for 3 kms 10 min
Bus/Trolleybus 24%Bus 25.83 min Waiting 8.17 min Train 6.33 min Walking 3.33 min Other 0.83 min Overall average time for 14.83 kms 44.5 min
Train/Metro 16%Train 23.75 min Walking 7.13 min Bus 6.75 min Waiting 6.5 min Other 0.75 min Overall average time for 14.25 kms 44.88 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Tbilisi
- How to reach Mtskheta
- How to reach Saguramo
- How to reach Marneuli
- How to reach Kaspi
- How to reach Ananuri
- How to reach Sadguri Sadakhlo
- How to reach Gori
- How to reach Tskhinvali Highway
- How to reach Batumi
- How to Reach Top Cities in Georgia
- How to reach Gudauri
- How to reach Oni
- How to reach Atskuri
- How to reach Japana
- How to reach Georgia
- How to reach Kardenakhi
- How to reach Tskaltubo
- How to reach Samtredia
- How to reach Koklata
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Zichem
- How to reach The Vines
- How to reach Vechelde