Old Town, Tbilisi
About Old Town, Tbilisi
Old Town, Tbilisi - Address
Address: Dzveli Tbilisi, Tbilisi, Georgia
Time Required: 03:30 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 7.7K times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Old Town was a district on its own and was previously listed in ‘World Monuments Watch’ due to a threat to its wonderful historical structures. Today, the Altstadt occupies a part of Tbilisi and is more popularly known as the city’s ‘historical center’. The Persian Invasion in the late 18th century turned a flourishing city into ruins with little or no structures remaining from before the attacks.
A walk through the old cathedrals, museums, churches, Sulphur bath-houses (popularly used for recreation) and wooden houses with exquisitely carved balconies, all make a walk here a lesson in 19th century architecture in Georgia! There are many lookout points around that offer a breathtaking view of the city.
Old Town Information
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks with you.
- Do wear sturdy shoes.
Old Town Ticket Prices
- Admission prices of individual attractions within the old town, vary.
Old Town Opening and Closing Hours
- Timings of individual attractions within the old town, vary.
How To reach Old Town by Public Transport
- Metro: Freedom Square
- Bus: Sulkhan-Saba Street
- By Marshrutkas (Minivans)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tbilisi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tbilisi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Old Town, Tbilisi Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Liberty Square
- The Biltmore Hotel Tbilisi
- Hotel Central
- Kopala Hotel
- Hotel Piazza
- Tbilisi Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Tbilisi
- What to See in 48 Hours in Tbilisi
- What to See in 72 Hours in Tbilisi
- How to Spend 5 Days in Tbilisi
- How to Spend 6 Days in Tbilisi
- How to Spend 7 Days in Tbilisi