Tbilisi Sameba Cathedral1487 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Tbilisi, Georgia
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Church, Historical Site, Family And Kids
The Tsminda Sameba Cathedral’s stunning after-dark images make you leave all the pubs in town only to see the building illuminated by warm lights. The church is modern- built in 2004 and was constructed in time to celebrate 2000 years of Christianity in Georgia. The foundation of the church was made in tradition- consisting of rocks from the Jordan river and the Sion mountain and soil from Jerusalem and the tomb of St. George.
Tbilisi Sameba Cathedral Timings
- Most of the churches in the city are open during the day with the Georgian liturgy ceremony usually held at 4:00 pm on Saturday and 9:00 am on Sunday.
How to Reach Tbilisi Sameba Cathedral
- Metro: Avlabari
- Bus: Opposite to Samreklo #26 (Sameba Cathedral)
- By Marshrutkas (Minivans)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tbilisi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tbilisi and book an accommodation of your choice.
63.66% of people who visit Tbilisi include Tbilisi Sameba Cathedral in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
38.94% of people start their Tbilisi Sameba Cathedral visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Tbilisi Sameba Cathedral
92.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tbilisi Sameba Cathedral