Events and Festivals in Tehran
- Nowruz: Nowruz, meaning the Iranian New year starts on March 20 and the celebration continues up to 12 days. During this festival, relatives come together and share the love.
- Tehran International Puppet Theater Festival: Dating back to 1989, this festival is celebrated every two years and attracts famous puppeteers from all around the world. The festivity generally takes place in the month of June.
- Tehran International Short Film Festival: Every year during the month of October and November, Tehran International Short Film Festival recognizes the Iranian talents and screens the best Iranian movies.
- Tehran Book Fair: Taking place every year in the months of May and June, Tehran Book Fair is one of the leading publishing events in the whole of Asia and the Middle East.
- Chahar Shanbeh Soori: Happening in the month of December, Chahar Shanbeh Soori is the festival of fire that celebrates the supremacy of light over darkness.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Tehran