How to Reach Tehran, Iran
The Easiest Way to Reach Tehran
HOW TO GET TO TEHRAN
- By Plane: Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport is the city's international airport that has direct flights to European, Middle Eastern, Asian, and African countries. Since the airport is 55 kilometers away from the city center you have to make use of other transportations like buses and taxis. Tehran's Mehrabad airport is the domestic airport that helps in travelling internally. The domestic airport is easily accessible.
- By Train: There are daily trains that connect Tehran with plenty of the Iranian cities like Tabriz, Mashhad, Kerman, Isfahan, Gorgan, Yazd, and Sari.
- By Bus: The city of Tehran is well-connected to the other cities in Iran through the bus as hundreds of them pour in and pour out every day. Some of the bus terminals that serves the purpose in Tehran are Western bus terminal, Eastern bus terminal, Southern bus terminal, and Beihaghi bus terminal.
- By Car: Thanks to the construction of tunnels and highways, Tehran can be reached easily from Turkey and the other cities in southern Iran by car.
HOW TO GET AROUND TEHRAN
- By Metro: Tehran's Metro system has five lines that help to commute within the city far easily. However, they are heavily crowded during the peak hours. For tickets check Tehran Metro online and if you're going to travel in metro a lot, then get a contactless fare card.
- By Bus: Tehran has an expansive bus network that serves the city but it can be confusing. Research prior to boarding a bus because while some require contactless prepaid card others require cash payment. And the buses in Tehran are partitioned into two sections, one for men and the other for women. The routes are mentioned in Persian, so seek the help of locals.
- By Taxi: Tehran is well-served by private and shared taxis. While the private taxis are pricier, shared taxis are comparatively cheaper but are a little difficult to find. Travelling through Snapp and motorcycle taxis are some of the other ways to travel cheaper inside the city.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Tehran and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Tehran
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Tehran. The most preferred mode of transport in Tehran is Car.
Average distance: 19.22 km Average time: 54.07 min
Car 47.57%Driving 47.31 min Walking 3.47 min Waiting 0.86 min Bus 0.31 min Overall average time for 22.16 kms 51.94 min
Bus/Trolleybus 12.62%Bus 33.46 min Walking 9.15 min Waiting 7.85 min Other 6.15 min Train 1.92 min Overall average time for 17.23 kms 58.54 min
Tram/Streetcar 4.85%Tram 35 min Walking 10.6 min Waiting 8.4 min Train 1.2 min Overall average time for 14.2 kms 55.2 min
Walking 12.62%Walking 26.38 min Driving 8 min Other 0.77 min Train 0.77 min Waiting 0.54 min Overall average time for 6.88 kms 36.46 min
Train/Metro 7.77%Train 48.13 min Walking 13.63 min Waiting 12.13 min Driving 3.13 min Tram 2.5 min Bus 2.5 min Overall average time for 28.75 kms 82 min
Bike 0.97%Bike 90 min Walking 10 min Overall average time for 10 kms 100 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Tehran
- How to reach Qazvin
- How to reach Shal
- How to reach Meserqan
- How to reach Dastjerd
- How to reach Davoud Abad
- How to reach Arak
- How to reach Soltanieh
- How to reach Zanjan
- How to reach Punel
- How to Reach Top Cities in Iran
- How to reach Shahrekord
- How to reach Hoseini
- How to reach Madak
- How to reach Birjand
- How to reach Ttll
- How to reach Homāābād-e-olyā
- How to reach Ghalat
- How to reach Nik Abad
- How to reach Bonab
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Mount Abu
- How to reach Dhule
- How to reach Jerseyville