Termas De Rio Hondo Tourism
Also known as the “spa city” or the “resort city” of Argentina, Termas de Rio Hondo is nestled on the banks of Dulce River in the northern part of Argentina. If you are on your tour of Argentina and looking for a city that offers an amalgamation of health, relaxation, and adventure, Termas de Rio Hondo is there to provide a new meaning to your definition of tourism. This small city comes under the Santiago del Estero Province which is home to home to jaguars and giant armadillos.
There is a reason why people call it a spa city with a delight on their face. Termas de Rio Hondo has a huge underground sheet of water under it that offers hot springs. Tourists, from every corner of the world, come here, especially in the months of April, to get rid of their pains with the help of therapeutic thermal bath. With this fact, don’t feel that this city has a sedentary lifestyle! It is the home to Autodromo, the motor racetrack, that holds international motor race events. Apart from this, you can explore your adventurous side while enjoying the watersports, horse riding, and fishing. Be it the museums, churches, or nature reserves, the city has something for everyone. You can optimistically think of heading towards Termas de Rio Hondo if it comes to a healthy and happy vacation.
Essential travel information and Termas De Rio Hondo tips for your visit
- Time Zone : ART (UTC−03:00)
- Currency: Argentine Peso
- Electricity: Standard Voltage 220 V, Power Socket Type C and I
- Internet: Private Internet Service Providers
- Languages: Spanish, Welsh, Mapuche, Gaurani
- Police (emergency): 101
- Tourist Police: 4346-5748/5770 (multi-lingual staff will be able to assist visitors that don't speak Spanish)
- Fire Department: 100
- Ambulance / Medical Emergency: 107
Foreign Consulates & Embassies in Buenos Aires:
- USA: 5777-4533
- UK: 4808-2200
- Canada: 4808-1000
- Germany: 4778-2500
- France: 4312-2409
- While not mandatory, is desirable. Locals will tell you 10% - 15% (or less) is standard and tourists will normally tip more.