How to Reach Thanjavur
- By Air: Tiruchirappalli is the nearest Airport. Local transport is available from the airport to Thanjavur.
- By Train: The Thajavur junction is the main Railway station in the city. Daily trains to main South Indian cities run from the station.
- By Taxi: Car rental services are available in the city. Also shared Taxis from Chennai travel to the city every day. You will find them near the bus stations and railway station in Chennai.
- By Bus: The New Bus stand is right outside the city. The Tamil Nadu state transport buses run the other cities in the state.
- By Car: Your hotel will arrange for a chauffeured car if you ask for it, although renting cars from the travel agencies is a cheaper deal.
- By Taxi: Taxi cabs are available in the city area. Negotiate a price before travelling because they do not follow the metered system.
- By Auto Rickshaws: Auto Rickshaws in the city do not cost more than 40 rupees to travel from one spot to another. Bargain with the driver if you think the price he is charging is unreasonable.
- By Cycle Rickshaws: Cycle Rickshaws are not favoured by the locals but are popular among the tourists.