Lake MarionCurrently Open
- Address: Maries, Thassos Town (Limenas) 640 04, Greece, Thasos Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Lake, Nature
A small hike through Maries and you reach the serene Lake Marion and a small waterfall that forms a mini pool amidst a thickly forested area. The hiking trail is one of the most scenic ways to sightsee around Thasos and if you are a nature-lover, you will love the calm trails. A few shops at the start of the forested area sells snacks and refreshments (try the honey ouzo served here).
In the past, this area was an iron mine and a small village settled around this place surrounded by valleys, hills, and meadows that open up to the Mediterranean and the Aegean Sea. The lakeshore is perfect to have a picnic spread and click some rather beautiful photographs while camping here is the best way to leave the city lights behind and truly fall in love with Thasos and its natural treasures.
Lake Marion Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Wear sturdy shoes for the hike.
How to Reach Lake Marion
- By Bus: Prinos Bus Station (27 kilometers away)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bike/ Quad Bikes/ Scooter.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Thasos before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Thasos and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Lake Marion Address: Maries, Thassos Town (Limenas) 640 04, Greece, Thasos
- Lake Marion Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Lake Marion(preferred time): 09:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Lake Marion: 03:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!