How to Reach Thekkady, India
The Easiest Way to Reach Thekkady
- By Air: Thekkady does not have an airport of its own. The nearest airport is the Madurai airport located at a distance of 136 kilometres. You can hire a cab from Madurai to reach Thekkady. The nearest international airport is the Cochin International Airport which is 190 kilometres away. This airport is well-connected with all major cities in India and abroad. The best way to get to Thekkady from Cochin is by hiring a cab.
- By Bus: The most inexpensive way to get to Thekkady from nearby cities like Cochin, Trivandrum and Kottayam are the government or private run buses. Kerala State Road Transport Corporation buses that is KSRTC are available at regular intervals from Kottayam, Cochin and Trivandrum to Thekkady.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is in Kottayam, located 114 kilometres away. This railway station in Kottayam is well-connected to major cities across India. You can hire a cab from Kottayam, or even board a government or private run bus.
- Road: From cities like Cochin, Madurai, Trivandrum, Munnar, Kottayam, one can easily book a cab.
- By Taxi: Hire a cab to visit the nearby attractions like the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Murikkadi, Kurisumala, Kumuli.
- By Bus: Local bus service is the major transport to visit the local and nearby places.
Are you looking for a Thekkady travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Thekkady from Nearby Cities
|Munnar to Thekkady||13.99 km||13 mins|
|Vagamon to Thekkady||23.35 km||23 mins|
|Theni to Thekkady||41.66 km||41 mins|
How to Reach Cities Near Thekkady
- How to reach Munnar
- How to reach Alleppey
- How to reach Kollam
- How to reach Ernakulam
- How to reach Varkala
- How to reach Madurai
- How to reach Trivandrum
- How to reach Coimbatore
- How to reach Coonoor
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Delhi
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Chennai