How to Reach Thekkady
- By Air: Thekkady does not have an airport of its own. The nearest airport is the Madurai airport located at a distance of 136 kilometres. You can hire a cab from Madurai to reach Thekkady. The nearest international airport is the Cochin International Airport which is 190 kilometres away. This airport is well-connected with all major cities in India and abroad. The best way to get to Thekkady from Cochin is by hiring a cab.
- By Bus: The most inexpensive way to get to Thekkady from nearby cities like Cochin, Trivandrum and Kottayam are the government or private run buses. Kerala State Road Transport Corporation buses that is KSRTC are available at regular intervals from Kottayam, Cochin and Trivandrum to Thekkady.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is in Kottayam, located 114 kilometres away. This railway station in Kottayam is well-connected to major cities across India. You can hire a cab from Kottayam, or even board a government or private run bus.
- Road: From cities like Cochin, Madurai, Trivandrum, Munnar, Kottayam, one can easily book a cab.
- By Taxi: Hire a cab to visit the nearby attractions like the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Murikkadi, Kurisumala, Kumuli.
- By Bus: Local bus service is the major transport to visit the local and nearby places.
|Munnar to Thekkady||13.99 km||13 mins|
|Vagamon to Thekkady||23.35 km||23 mins|
|Pollachi to Thekkady||29.14 km||29 mins|
|Thiruvananthapuram to Thekkady||32.91 km||32 mins|
|Coimbatore to Thekkady||39.89 km||39 mins|
|Theni to Thekkady||41.66 km||41 mins|
|Kollam to Thekkady||58.2 km||58 mins|
|Kanyakumari to Thekkady||59.57 km||59 mins|