Brahmapureeswarar Temple318 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Tirupattur, Tiruchirappalli HO, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620001, India Map
- Timings: 07:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4312909599
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Even though dedicated to Lord Shiva, the Brahmapureeswarar Temple is named after Lord Brahma since its is believed that Lords Brahma’s fate was changed by the Lord himself at this very location. Story goes that once Lord Brahma who created the universe was engulfed in pride and believed that he was greater than Lord Shiva. To answer his pride, Lord Shiva cut off Lord Brahma’s 5th head and seized his power of creation. Lord Brahma, having realised his mistake, sought to please Lord Shiva and asked for forgiveness. He built 12 lingams around Bramhapureeshwarar and worshipped Shiva for years till finally, Lord Shiva appeared under the Magizha tree and blessed him.
Today, keeping with the story, the temple is visited by people who wish to change their destiny and who want to pray for a prosperous, happy and successful life.
Next to the shrine with the shivlingam, you can find another shrine dedicated to Brahma Sampath Gowri who is an incarnation of goddess Parvathi. A beautiful 6-feet tall statue of Lord Brahma adorned with turmeric is located on the temple grounds as well and grabs your attention right away. The temple also has the Jeeva Samadhi of the famous Yogi Patanjali who wrote the Yoga sutras that are still practised in India. You can also find the other small lingams around the site that were believed to be placed here by Lord Brahma himself. The temple is designed traditionally and is built complete from stone adorned with beautiful cravings.
The temple is most visited during the Tamil month of Panguni (March-April) when the sunlight passes through the 7 entrances and falls directly on the main Shiva idol (shivlingam) that is the main deity of the temple. The Brahma Theertham located on the temple grounds is another highlights of the place and is believed to be the source of water used by Lord Brahma to worship Lord Shiva.
Brahmapureeswarar Temple Travel Tips
- Remove your footwear before entering the temple and wear modest clothes.
- Other contact detailed : +91 9894926090
How to Reach Brahmapureeswarar Temple
- By Bus : Konalai Bus Stop (8.7 kilometres away)
- By taking an Auto-rickshaw.
- Private Taxis are available for hire.
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tiruchirappalli before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tiruchirappalli and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Brahmapureeswarar Temple Address: Tirupattur, Tiruchirappalli HO, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620001, India
- Brahmapureeswarar Temple Contact Number: +91-4312909599
- Brahmapureeswarar Temple Timing: 07:30 am - 08:00 pm
- Best time to visit Brahmapureeswarar Temple(preferred time): 04:00 pm - 07:30 pm
- Time required to visit Brahmapureeswarar Temple: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Tiruchirappalli include Brahmapureeswarar Temple in their plan
95% of people start their Brahmapureeswarar Temple visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Brahmapureeswarar Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Brahmapureeswarar Temple
People normally also visit Our Lady Of Lourdes Church while planning their trip to Brahmapureeswarar Temple.
Brahmapureeswarar Temple Reviews & Ratings
I called to the temple's phone number 914312909599They didn't pickup the call. Any other mobile number available?Answer Report Abuse
How to book for jaadhaga dharisanam?Answer Report Abuse
Hello, I need contact number correct number of Bhramapureshwar Temple,I need correct Number.Answer Report Abuse
Please give correct contact number of Brahma temple tirupatoor, Trichy.Answer Report Abuse
If there is any hiring place near the brahmapureeswarar temple. Pls give details of best hiring or staying place near the temple or around it or in trichy at low cost, plsssAnswer Report Abuse
Is it open on 15-08-2021 sundayAnswer Report Abuse