How to Reach Trivandrum
- The nearest airport is the Trivandrum International Airport which has direct flightor interlinked flights from most of the major cities in India to the city of Trivandrum. Bangalore to Trivandrum flights are quiet commonly used to reach the city.
- There are direct international flights from Middle East, Singapore, Maldives, Sri Lanka to Trivandrum.
- The Trivandrum Central railway station is linked to major cities across the country. It is the third largest major Indian railway station. However, to avoid congestion, some of the trains are scheduled to reach Kochuveli Railway Station (close to the international airport).
- KSRTC: Kerala State Road Transport Corporation is known for providing Bus services throughout the state and cover major cities like Cochin, Bangalore, Kozhikode, Madurai, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli and Chennai in addition to the state cities. KSRTC offers premium luxury Garuda services to Bangalore and Coimbatore.
- Karnataka STC is available if you are travelling to Trivandrum from Bangalore and Mysore.
- Tamil Nadu SETC offers 3 bus services from major cities in Tamil Nadu to Trivandrum.
By Car (Self-owned or rented):
- You can reach Trivandrum by Car as the nearby cities are well connected by highways. Kochi is 230 kilometer away from Trivandrum, Kozhikode is 420 kilometers away,Madurai is 230 kilometersand Coimbatore is 400 km away by road.
- Major cities all over India offer car rentals with or without drivers.
- By Bus: If you don’t’ mind the crowd, Buses are the most preferred and cheapest way to travel around the city.City busses (KSRTC) as well as Private company busses are common and have a network all over the city. Government busses are red in color with a yellow patch wile blue colored busses are private buses. Blue busses named ‘Ananthapuri Fast’ are fast passenger busses by KSRTC. There are 6 main depots in the city, namely; the City depot, Vikas Bhavan, Peroorkada, Pappanamcode, Kaniyapuram and Vellanad. AC Volvo busses are available for city tours arranged by KSRTC.
- By Auto-rickshaws: Autos are the preferred way to travel around the city if you don’t like crowded Public Transport. The fares are according to the meters and the autos are available throughout the city.
- By Renting Car or Two Wheeler Bike: Car and Bike rentals although available are expensive as compared to other cities.
- Bicycles: Bicycles are available for rent and are preferred by people who don’t mind the heat.
- By Taxi: Taxis are affordable if you are travelling with small group. Taxis in Trivandrum can be hired for a couple of days and if you are staying at a good hotel, they can arrange a Taxi for you.
- By Online Cabs: Online cabs like Ola and Uber are not uncommon and if you have a smart phone, it will be quiet handy for booking personal cabs.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Trivandrum. The most preferred mode of transport in Trivandrum is Car.
Average distance: 13.86 km Average time: 45.86 min
Car 43.75%Driving 41.43 min Walking 2.86 min Overall average time for 18.71 kms 44.29 min
Walking 12.5%Walking 35 min Driving 5 min Other 4 min Bike 4 min Overall average time for 5.5 kms 48 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.25%Bus 60 min Walking 25 min Waiting 15 min Overall average time for 15 kms 100 min
Bike 12.5%Bike 15 min Other 8.5 min Walking 4.5 min Overall average time for 5.5 kms 28 min
Motorbike 12.5%Motorbike 37.5 min Walking 2.5 min Overall average time for 13 kms 40 min
|Poovar to Trivandrum||15.84 km||15 mins|
|Pathanamthitta to Trivandrum||25.03 km||25 mins|
|Ponkunnam to Trivandrum||33.42 km||33 mins|
|Kollam to Trivandrum||37.05 km||37 mins|
|Chengannur to Trivandrum||41.15 km||41 mins|
|Pala to Trivandrum||41.23 km||41 mins|
|Mavelikara to Trivandrum||47.81 km||47 mins|
|Coimbatore to Trivandrum||62.6 km||1 hour 2 mins|