Napier MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: LMS Vellayambalam Road, Opposite PWD Building, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695033, Trivandrum, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:45 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4712316275
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, History Museum, Landmark, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Napier Museum - Review
The Napier Museum building is just as interesting as the exhibits showcased inside. The beautiful 19th century architecture of the building with gothic elements and natural air-conditioning technique makes it a famous landmark in Trivandrum.
The exhibits showcase a rare collection of archaeological artifacts including ancient bronze idols, ornaments, carved Ivory art pieces and a temple chariot.
The museum also hosts Japanese Shadow plays of Mahabharata and Ramayana.
The Napier Museum is perfect if you want to experience a part of India’s vast history.
Napier Museum Information
- Do visit the Chitra Art Gallery and the nearby city Zoo.
- Visit the nearby Band Stand- an amusement park, if you are travelling with children.
Napier Museum Ticket Prices
- Adult- INR 10 per person
- Children- INR 4 per person
Napier Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed on Wednesday forenoons, Thiruvonam and Mahanavami.
How To reach Napier Museum by Public Transport
- Bus: at Museum Bus Stop on LMS Vellayambalam Road.
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi/ Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trivandrum before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trivandrum and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Napier Museum
95% of people who visit Trivandrum include Napier Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
38.39% of people start their Napier Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Napier Museum
93% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Napier Museum
Napier Museum Map
Napier Museum Trips
1 View7 Days 6 Nights7 Day Trip to Munnar, Rameshwaram, Periyar, KanyakBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Rameshwaram, Kanyakumari, Kovalam, Thekkady, Munnar
Napier Museum, Trivandrum Reviews
Perfect place in the city itself to stay free from the busy and fast moving world and breathe in fresh air. Peaceful Atmosphere. Great place to spend time with family and friends. It can be easily noticed from normal traffic. The museum consists of so many wonderful artifacts. currently museum is closed
You can't expect a more calm and cozy place in the heart of the city.. The bed place to have a family fun.. Kids will really enjoy. Zoo and museum will obviously add much fun to kids... Safe place for couples as well..a free zone are for fitness freaks for jogging and walking..
A nice place for families and couples to have some quality time. But there’s something wrong about administration. The public convenience is said to be free but you can’t enter without a fee of five rupees. Please don’t make people fools . We’re ready to give fee if it is legally announced
This is a wonderful place, but many doesn't know. The place is made up in Sarcenic architecture which is a mixture of many architecture place. And normal people just wouldn't understand. But for a artist or a architect this is a good place to study about the history of many styles
Very Interesting Place. We can learn many things from here. It's the place were fully covered with history. When we take whole India,we can't find such a beautiful place like this.The Authorities are very keenly protecting the place. Really Nyc and Awesome place.
All QuestionsNapier museum
- C & J Holiness Church
- Springhill Baptist Church Prsng
- Copeland Cemetery
- Millry Church Of The Nazarene
- North Oak Grove Baptist Church
- True Light Baptist Church
- Knight's Chapel Baptist Church
- Barlow United Methodist Church
- Mt. Carmel United Methodist Church
- Spring Hill Baptist Church
- Millry Assembly Of God
- Horace Turner Jr
- Alpha & Omega Holiness Church
- Pine Tree Holiness Church
- Lake Ola Dam