Padmanabhaswamy TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 07:20 pm]
- Address: West Nada, East Fort, Trivandrum 695023, India
- Timings: 03:00 am - 07:20 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4712466830
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
One of the most popular and richest temples in India, the Pandmanabhaswamy Temple is known for its number of devotees and its massive treasure unearthed in 2011. Perhaps the most mysterious of Indian temples, the Padmanabhaswamy temple still has vaults which are unknown to anyone but the royal family of Travancore and its controversies change with every story.
On a spiritual note, the Temple is known for its serene and tranquil atmosphere and its spell-binding architecture- some of which are masterpieces of their own right.
The temple is mentioned in ancient scriptures including the Bhagwad Gita and is still stranger to the actual date of its consecration.
- Greta Temple (Maha Kshetram)
- Ananthasayanam Idol (Legend says that 12 Salagramas stones when worshipped together have the power of a Mahakshetram, this idol is made up 12008 Salagramas Stones).
- Single stone platform covering a space of 20 square feet with a thickness of 2 and a half feet at the Ottakkal Mandapam.
- The Golden flag-staff (Dwaja Stambham) made from a teak is covered in Gold.
- Gopuram for its Dranvidian style of architecture.
- Theerthams or Sacred Water from many sources from which Padmatheertham is located on the temple’s east.
- Mural Paintings- largest one seen behind the sanctum is 18 feet long.
The temple maintains disciplined rituals with strict rules for its visitors. Do visit the official website before you visit the temple.
The temple has some strict rules for admission including dress codes:
- Men must wear traditional Mundu without a shirt while Women must wear a Sari or traditional Mundu set (Skirt and top) which cover the feet completely. Trousers, churidars are allowed for individuals below age 14.
- Visit the official website before you visit the place to reach about customs and rituals and strictly followed.
- The temple allows admittance to only those who profess Hindu religion.
- Other contact number is +91 0471246 4606.
- If you want to be a part of the Puja, you can perform their main pujas for a price. Do visit the official temple website for more information.
- 03.30 am to 04.45 am (Nirmalya Darshanam)
- 06.30 am to 07.00 am
- 08.30 am to 10.00 am
- 10.30 am to 11.10 am
- 11.45 am to 12.00 Noon
- 05.00 pm to 06.15 pm
- 06.45 pm to 07.20 pm
Timings may vary during festivals.
- Bus: At East Fort Bus Station.
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi/ Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trivandrum before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trivandrum and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Trivandrum include Padmanabhaswamy Temple in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
22.27% of people start their Padmanabhaswamy Temple visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Padmanabhaswamy Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Padmanabhaswamy Temple
Abode of Lord Vishnu. This ancient Hindu temple is one of the most divine temple dedicated to Vishnu. One can attain peace of mind by visiting this temple. An architectural extravaganza. A must see destination in the world.
Amazing temple. And the deity statue is an eye candy. Don't miss to spend some time in the spacious area of the temple , it'll be calm. And they've maintained it so basic ( no commercial stuff inside the temple). Its hard to see such things in the popular temples these days.
What a place, the temple holds lot of mysteries, security checking is very tight, no one is alowed to any kind of digital electronics, like smart watch, camera, smart phone. Near to temple clock room is available which is safe to keep all the valuable item we can take purse if we need money. I really wanted to share the interior pictures but the security did not let me take my phone into the temple
A very clean and peaceful temple. Everything goes very systematic. Public and private safety box centers are very nearer to the temple. Men and women should wear Dhotis, else entry would be restricted. Men shouldn't even wear a pant and surround it with a Dhoti. Else temple authoritied would ask them to come back by wearing Dhoti alone. Temple has doors in every direction of which entry happens through the South facing door and the exit happens through the East facing door. Takes quite a lot of time to worship and come back as it is always crowded.
The all of the best temple and fantastic artistic works with historical importance and वैज्ञानिक techniques of our ancient India. A best example of ancient India's top class iq level without modern techs and with only stone artistic works.