Padmanabhaswamy TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 07:20 pm]
- Address: West Nada, East Fort, Trivandrum 695023, India
- Timings: 03:00 am - 07:20 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4712466830
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Padmanabhaswamy Temple - Review
One of the most popular and richest temples in India, the Pandmanabhaswamy Temple is known for its number of devotees and its massive treasure unearthed in 2011. Perhaps the most mysterious of Indian temples, the Padmanabhaswamy temple still has vaults which are unknown to anyone but the royal family of Travancore and its controversies change with every story.
On a spiritual note, the Temple is known for its serene and tranquil atmosphere and its spell-binding architecture- some of which are masterpieces of their own right.
The temple is mentioned in ancient scriptures including the Bhagwad Gita and is still stranger to the actual date of its consecration.
- Greta Temple (Maha Kshetram)
- Ananthasayanam Idol (Legend says that 12 Salagramas stones when worshipped together have the power of a Mahakshetram, this idol is made up 12008 Salagramas Stones).
- Single stone platform covering a space of 20 square feet with a thickness of 2 and a half feet at the Ottakkal Mandapam.
- The Golden flag-staff (Dwaja Stambham) made from a teak is covered in Gold.
- Gopuram for its Dranvidian style of architecture.
- Theerthams or Sacred Water from many sources from which Padmatheertham is located on the temple’s east.
- Mural Paintings- largest one seen behind the sanctum is 18 feet long.
The temple maintains disciplined rituals with strict rules for its visitors. Do visit the official website before you visit the temple.
Padmanabhaswamy Temple Information
The temple has some strict rules for admission including dress codes:
- Men must wear traditional Mundu without a shirt while Women must wear a Sari or traditional Mundu set (Skirt and top) which cover the feet completely. Trousers, churidars are allowed for individuals below age 14.
- Visit the official website before you visit the place to reach about customs and rituals and strictly followed.
- The temple allows admittance to only those who profess Hindu religion.
- Other contact number is +91 0471246 4606.
Padmanabhaswamy Temple Ticket Prices
- If you want to be a part of the Puja, you can perform their main pujas for a price. Do visit the official temple website for more information.
Padmanabhaswamy Temple Hours
- 03.30 am to 04.45 am (Nirmalya Darshanam)
- 06.30 am to 07.00 am
- 08.30 am to 10.00 am
- 10.30 am to 11.10 am
- 11.45 am to 12.00 Noon
- 05.00 pm to 06.15 pm
- 06.45 pm to 07.20 pm
Timings may vary during festivals.
How To reach Padmanabhaswamy Temple by Public Transport
- Bus: At East Fort Bus Station.
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi/ Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trivandrum before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trivandrum and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Padmanabhaswamy Temple
95% of people who visit Trivandrum include Padmanabhaswamy Temple in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
22.27% of people start their Padmanabhaswamy Temple visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Padmanabhaswamy Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Padmanabhaswamy Temple
Padmanabhaswamy Temple Trips
2 Views3 Days 2 Nights3 Day Trip to Thiruvananthapuram, Kanyakumari from TiruchirappalliBy: Guest UserCity: Trivandrum, Kanyakumari
Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Trivandrum Reviews
Its very big, old temple and Rich as per the info. Arrangements and security is very tight. Prasad arrangement is good. Again no light inside the temple. Though it's trust is rich but they are not spend money on its Good Maintenance and decoration. It is peaceful place.
Strict dress code for both men and women.. no mobile phones allowed. It's a divine place and one of the best temples in Kerala. The temple architecture is different and the idol is in a reclining position. You can't view it in one go...you need to see the idol section by section. There are 3 doors to see the idol.. Through the First door you can see the Face of the Idol then second door you can see the body of the Idol and in the third you can see the Idol's feet.
A really good temple to visit. Just be sure to come in the traditional attire as they are quite strict on it. And no mobile phones at all. No baggage allowed. There are two stores where you can keep your stuff but it would be great if you can keep your things in your cab or vehicle and then go in to the temple. The God looks really cool and the view from the three doors is amazing. There is a palace too that you can visit near the temple and the guides are highly knowledgeable and comforting. Trust its worth the money to visit the palace when you are visiting the temple. Be careful with temple staff and talk respectfully for you to be treated with respect!
Its really an architectural marvel. Phone & cameras not allowed in the temple. You have counters to keep it. Before visiting make sure you have white dhoti its also available on sale. I am uploading time for visit make sure you visit in the given time. Its 100 mtrs walkable from east fort bus stand.
It is,one of the richest temple in world, situated in the city of Thiruvananthapuram the capital of Kerala state of India. It is a very old temple. Lacs of devotees everyday visit this temple and offer their prayer and worship for the well beings of their family and friends. The architectural part of this temple is very attractive. This temple is very holy and famous amongst the devotees and traveller.