Padmanabhaswamy TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 07:20 pm]
- Address: West Nada, East Fort, Trivandrum 695023, India
- Timings: 03:00 am - 07:20 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4712466830
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Padmanabhaswamy Temple - Review
One of the most popular and richest temples in India, the Pandmanabhaswamy Temple is known for its number of devotees and its massive treasure unearthed in 2011. Perhaps the most mysterious of Indian temples, the Padmanabhaswamy temple still has vaults which are unknown to anyone but the royal family of Travancore and its controversies change with every story.
On a spiritual note, the Temple is known for its serene and tranquil atmosphere and its spell-binding architecture- some of which are masterpieces of their own right.
The temple is mentioned in ancient scriptures including the Bhagwad Gita and is still stranger to the actual date of its consecration.
- Greta Temple (Maha Kshetram)
- Ananthasayanam Idol (Legend says that 12 Salagramas stones when worshipped together have the power of a Mahakshetram, this idol is made up 12008 Salagramas Stones).
- Single stone platform covering a space of 20 square feet with a thickness of 2 and a half feet at the Ottakkal Mandapam.
- The Golden flag-staff (Dwaja Stambham) made from a teak is covered in Gold.
- Gopuram for its Dranvidian style of architecture.
- Theerthams or Sacred Water from many sources from which Padmatheertham is located on the temple’s east.
- Mural Paintings- largest one seen behind the sanctum is 18 feet long.
The temple maintains disciplined rituals with strict rules for its visitors. Do visit the official website before you visit the temple.
Padmanabhaswamy Temple Information
The temple has some strict rules for admission including dress codes:
- Men must wear traditional Mundu without a shirt while Women must wear a Sari or traditional Mundu set (Skirt and top) which cover the feet completely. Trousers, churidars are allowed for individuals below age 14.
- Visit the official website before you visit the place to reach about customs and rituals and strictly followed.
- The temple allows admittance to only those who profess Hindu religion.
- Other contact number is +91 0471246 4606.
Padmanabhaswamy Temple Ticket Prices
- If you want to be a part of the Puja, you can perform their main pujas for a price. Do visit the official temple website for more information.
Padmanabhaswamy Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- 03.30 am to 04.45 am (Nirmalya Darshanam)
- 06.30 am to 07.00 am
- 08.30 am to 10.00 am
- 10.30 am to 11.10 am
- 11.45 am to 12.00 Noon
- 05.00 pm to 06.15 pm
- 06.45 pm to 07.20 pm
Timings may vary during festivals.
How To reach Padmanabhaswamy Temple by Public Transport
- Bus: At East Fort Bus Station.
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi/ Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trivandrum before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trivandrum and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Padmanabhaswamy Temple
95% of people who visit Trivandrum include Padmanabhaswamy Temple in their plan
03 AM - 04 AM
40.69% of people start their Padmanabhaswamy Temple visit around 03 AM - 04 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Padmanabhaswamy Temple
93.79% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Padmanabhaswamy Temple
Padmanabhaswamy Temple Map
Padmanabhaswamy Temple Trips
1 View7 Days 6 Nights7 Day Trip to Kollam, Thiruvananthapuram from PuneBy: Guest UserCity: Trivandrum, Kollam
3 Views6 Days 5 Nights6 Day Trip to Munnar, Thiruvananthapuram from DehrBy: Guest UserCity: Munnar, Trivandrum
Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Trivandrum Reviews
I'm not a religious guy. But still I visited this place with my friend. If you're a guy, before entering the temple you must remove all your upper clothes and also no full pants is allowed. You must wear a mundu (dhoti) with your upper body naked to be able to enter this temple. I just don't know why all this matter. Inside I couldn't see the main statue.. It was too dark without any light to watch the statue. I could only watch five fingers of the statue nothing else.
Beautiful structure and great ambiance inside. Courteous staff and maintained good. Few things about the dress code to keep in mind while entering the temple. Men has to wear dhoti and remove the shirt before entering the temple. Women, preferably has to wear sari. If not, has to wear a dhoti tucked around the dress. And believe it or not, the richest temple in the world.
Worlds richest temple but heavily crowded. Very very historic informational. Ask temple workers to explain & you will be shocked by how our a ancestors where better in science then in today's world. Need a full day for it ss good shopping area too for local famous goods.
It is an awesome experience. Everything is fine well maintained I like it very much. The most amazing attraction of this place is the great statue of Lord Vishnu which I think is made of gold. This is one of the oldest temple in this state. It was good almost 400 to 500 years ago and yes everything is awesome and it makes me thinking about the ancient sculptures of Hinduism
Famous temple of the south... It is highly regarded in religious circles. Widely prayed deity. A must visit for everyone visiting the state. Soak in the culture and feel the blessings.
All QuestionsPadmanabhaswamy temple
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Chapel Eleele
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames