Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple, TrivandrumCurrently Closed
- Address: Thiruvananthapuram, Near Sri Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Trivandrum, India
- Timings: 04:30 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-0471461929
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
About Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple, Trivandrum
The Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple is known for its unique Ganesh Idol who has his right knee folded and is in the seated position. The black colored building of the temple with accents of gold stand out amidst the hustle bustle of the street and is known for being crowded during the auspicious days in India.
Do carry a husked coconut here and break it near the idol- a loved ritual here. This signifies the breaking of the human ego to achieve its higher calling.
Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple Information
- Do wear modest clothes while entering the temple and remove your shoes before stepping inside the temple.
- Dress Code: For Males, no shirt is allowed inside nalambalam (inner complex).
- Females can wear any traditional dress.
- Visit the nearby Padmanabhaswamy temple.
Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple Ticket Prices
- If you want to offer something you can buy it at the nearby shops.
How To reach Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple by Public Transport
- Bus: At East Fort Bus Station
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi/ Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trivandrum before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trivandrum and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple
66.06% of people who visit Trivandrum include Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple in their plan
5 PM - 6 PM
57.73% of people start their Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple visit around 5 PM - 6 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple
93.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple
Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple, Trivandrum Reviews
My favorite worship place.i don't remember writing even a single exam my entire life with out visiting this temple and offering coconuts...very good atmosphere...peaceful....
Good one, well maintained, exactly situated in East fort, This temple of lord Vinayak is maintained by Pangod military. This temple is much famous with Pazhavangadi Ganapathi, its believed that every problems will get isolated by Ganapathi after you break a coconut in front of Him.
LORD GANAPATHY TEMPLE WHICH IS MAINTAINED BY INDIAN MILITARY.BREAKING COCONUT IN FRONT OF THE TEMPLE IS THE MAIN OFFERING TO THE ELEPHANT HEAD GOD AND SON OF LORD SIVA..... ALWAYS CROWDED , AT THE SAME TIME ONE CAN PRAY IN UTTER PEACE...... OPENS AT 4.30 AM AND CLOSE AT 10.45 AM IN MORNING AND REOPENS AT 5.00 PM TO 8.30 PM.
Needs better parking. Better bring coconuts too, cause the ones here are super pricey
A good ganpati temple with unique coconut prasad style, on road near traffic signal, usually crowded, no space for parking,
All QuestionsPazhavangadi ganapathy temple
- Attractions near Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple
- Mitra Hermitage Ayurvedic
- Valiyathura Pier
- Attenda Kalari Session In Trivandrum
- Lourdes Forane Church
- Science And Technology Museum
- Priyadarshini Planetarium
- Koyikkal Palace
- Sarwaa Specialty Shop
- Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre Museum
- Kowdiar Palace
- Magic Planet
- Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwantari Ashram