Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple, Trivandrum
About Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple, Trivandrum
Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple, Trivandrum - Address, Phone Number
Address: Thiruvananthapuram, Near Sri Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Trivandrum, India
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 04:30 am - 08:30 pm Details
Added 9.9K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple is known for its unique Ganesh Idol who has his right knee folded and is in the seated position. The black colored building of the temple with accents of gold stand out amidst the hustle bustle of the street and is known for being crowded during the auspicious days in India.
Do carry a husked coconut here and break it near the idol- a loved ritual here. This signifies the breaking of the human ego to achieve its higher calling.
Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple Information
- Do wear modest clothes while entering the temple and remove your shoes before stepping inside the temple.
- Dress Code: For Males, no shirt is allowed inside nalambalam (inner complex).
- Females can wear any traditional dress.
- Visit the nearby Padmanabhaswamy temple.
Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple Ticket Prices
- If you want to offer something you can buy it at the nearby shops.
How To reach Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple by Public Transport
- Bus: At East Fort Bus Station
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi/ Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trivandrum before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trivandrum and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple, Trivandrum Reviews - Write a Review
The Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple is known for its unique Ganesh Idol who has his right knee folded and is in the seated position. The black colored building of the temple with accents of gold stand out amidst the hustle bustle of the street and is known for being crowded during the auspicious days. Do carry a husked coconut here and break it near the idol- a loved ritual here. This signifies the breaking of the human ego to achieve its higher calling.
Visited this temple many times.. it's really majestic to visit this temple. Though there are some regulations in clothing , it is really and amazing experience to visit and pray here.
Main deity is Ganesha.Close proximity to PadmanabhaSwamy temple. Lot of devotees visit this temple. There is no enough parking space here. Whoever visit the temple breaks the coconut. Coconut is considered as the main offering to Ganesha. You cannot enter the sanctum without wearing traditional Dhoti or Mundu. Ladies wearing traditional Saree can only enter the Sanctum.Bus stand is close to this temple.
Its a famous well maintained temple of Sri Ganapathy. The temple is visited by large number of devotees.The temple is well connected by rail and road
The temple is usually crowded. Can't enter inside the wearing pants or jeans. Coconut breaking is a famous ritual.
- Nearby Attractions
- Hawah Beach Resort
- Kalaripayattu - Maruthi Marma Chikilsa & Kalari
- Zoo Pond
- Kerala Institute Of Medical Sciences
- Fortune Hotel The South Park, Trivandrum
- The Ruby Arena
- Ktdc Mascot Hotel
- Hotel Horizon
- Trivandrum Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Trivandrum
- What to See in 48 Hours in Trivandrum
- What to See in 72 Hours in Trivandrum
- How to Spend 5 Days in Trivandrum
- How to Spend 6 Days in Trivandrum
- How to Spend 7 Days in Trivandrum