Puthenmalika Palace371 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Pazhavangadi, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695023, Trivandrum, India
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4712473952
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Putenmalika, better known as Kuthiramalika and ‘Horse Palace’ is located in the royal area of Trivandrum near the Padmanabhaswamy Temple.
The name ‘Horse Palace’ is synonym with the place for its 122 horses carved in the building which embellish the southern roof of the palace. The Palace was constructed in a short 4 years by 5000 workers!
- Independent layout and design of every palace room.
- Intricate carved woodwork which is still unique to the palace.
- The beautiful and unique Navaratri Mandapam which uses earthen pot on the ceiling for remarkable acoustics.
The Palace was built in the 1840’s and is a spectacular collection of architectural marvel, art, history and above all – a compelling ambience!
Puthenmalika Palace Travel Tips
- Visit the nearby Padmanabhaswamy Temple.
- Do not touch the exhibits.
Entrance Ticket Details For Puthenmalika Palace
- Adult: INR 10 for Indians, INR 20 for Foreigners
- Children- INR 3
- Photography (only for exteriors)- INR 15
How to Reach Puthenmalika Palace
- Bus: At East Fort Bus Station
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi/ Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Trivandrum before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trivandrum and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.41% of people who visit Trivandrum include Puthenmalika Palace in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
87.5% of people start their Puthenmalika Palace visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Puthenmalika Palace
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Puthenmalika Palace