Shangumugham Beach1809 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, Trivandrum, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Park, Statue, Coffee House, Restaurant, Family And Kids
A good way to spend a couple of hours in the city, the Shangumugham Beach is perhaps the most popular beach in Trivandrum after Kovalam beach. The iconic 35 feet mermaid statue is not easy to miss and the beautiful park adjacent to the beach is perfect for children to run around.
Shangumughan Beach has loads to offer. During the Arattu Day, the idols form Padmanabhaswamy Temple are brought here by the royal family to wash them in the Sea and taken to the temple to commence the festival celebrations.
For tourists and locals, the beach is favoured for its calm atmosphere, serene waters and beautiful crimson sunsets which make it a favorite evening spot!
The ‘Star fish restaurant’ is a good place to drop by for a few snacks and coffee later.
Shangumugham Beach Travel Tips
- Visit the nearby Veli Tourist Village.
How to Reach Shangumugham Beach
- Bus: at Sankumughom Bus Stop
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi/ Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Trivandrum before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trivandrum and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Shangumugham Beach Address: Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, Trivandrum, India
- Shangumugham Beach Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Shangumugham Beach(preferred time): 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Shangumugham Beach: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
49.75% of people who visit Trivandrum include Shangumugham Beach in their plan
04 AM - 05 AM
34.88% of people start their Shangumugham Beach visit around 04 AM - 05 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Shangumugham Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shangumugham Beach
People normally club together Napier Museum and Padmanabhaswamy Temple while planning their visit to Shangumugham Beach.