Shri Chitra Art GalleryCurrently Closed
- Address: Sooryakanthi Road, Nanthancodu, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695033, Trivandrum, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:45 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4712473952
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Art Gallery, Family And Kids
Opened in the 1930’s, Shri Chitra Art Gallery is more of an art museum. The place has some of the oldest and popular paintings from famous personalities in kerala. No matter what side of art you want to see- ancient murals or modern trending works of regional artists, the place offers the best of both worlds.
- Century old painting of Raja Ravi Varma.
- Four hundred year old Tanjore miniature paintings.
- Art pieces from the Bengal School of Art.
- Roerich paintings
- Miniatures from all over the world.
- Traditional Mural paintings.
- Do not touch the paintings and art pieces.
- Person above 12 years- INR 10.00
- Person below 12 years and above five years- INR 4.00
- Family tickets (Father, Mother and two children)- INR 20.00
- Group (35 or less number of students and two teachers)- INR 150.00
- Bus: At Museum Bus Stop on LMS Vellayambalam Road.
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi/ Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trivandrum before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trivandrum and book an accommodation of your choice.
26.75% of people who visit Trivandrum include Shri Chitra Art Gallery in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
41.67% of people start their Shri Chitra Art Gallery visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Shri Chitra Art Gallery
90% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shri Chitra Art Gallery
Has some amazing paintings, that'll make you go awestruck as to how real they actually seem. A good collection of Raja Ravi Verma, and a Russian painter, and a lot more of the local varieties. As an art gallery, it's pretty good. The ticket cost is also pretty reasonable.
For art lovers who love paintings. This place is heaven as over can find wonderful realistic paintings of RajaRaviVerma. It has paintings of other artists as well and each one is very beautiful. One can spend hours there as the ambience is very good. After paintings one can also visit zoo which is few steps away.
A must visit place for art enthusiasts. The original paintings by Raja Ravivarma are displayed there,Along with other foreign artists. You have to see this paintings to appreciate the true beauty of them. It’s not like what you see in the photos. They look absolutely stunning and lifelike. Each ticket was only Rs.20 but it’s worth each penny. Visit this place if you are planning to visit the zoo.
Great place for art lovers. Stunning drawings are displayed here of various artists including Raja Ravi Varma. The entry pass is low and reasonable at present rates as it is ₹20 (looks like it was ₹10 till lately, see photo). Apart from drawings there are others antiques including the Sword of Velu Thampi Dhalava. Many more items are there to explore. Check in here also if you came across the zoo.
You may take minimum of 1 Hour to view the paintings. Beautiful paintings