Shri Chitra Art Gallery664 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Sooryakanthi Road, Nanthancodu, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695033, Trivandrum, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:45 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4712473952
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Art Gallery, Family And Kids
Opened in the 1930’s, Shri Chitra Art Gallery is more of an art museum. The place has some of the oldest and popular paintings from famous personalities in kerala. No matter what side of art you want to see- ancient murals or modern trending works of regional artists, the place offers the best of both worlds.
- Century old painting of Raja Ravi Varma.
- Four hundred year old Tanjore miniature paintings.
- Art pieces from the Bengal School of Art.
- Roerich paintings
- Miniatures from all over the world.
- Traditional Mural paintings.
Shri Chitra Art Gallery Travel Tips
- Do not touch the paintings and art pieces.
Entrance Ticket Details For Shri Chitra Art Gallery
- Person above 12 years- INR 10.00
- Person below 12 years and above five years- INR 4.00
- Family tickets (Father, Mother and two children)- INR 20.00
- Group (35 or less number of students and two teachers)- INR 150.00
How to Reach Shri Chitra Art Gallery
- Bus: At Museum Bus Stop on LMS Vellayambalam Road.
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi/ Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Trivandrum before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trivandrum and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.21% of people who visit Trivandrum include Shri Chitra Art Gallery in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
41.67% of people start their Shri Chitra Art Gallery visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Shri Chitra Art Gallery
90% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shri Chitra Art Gallery