Are you looking for what to do in Trivandrum?
THINGS TO SEE
There are manytourist places to see in Kerala and Trivandrum is no exception.
- Padmanabhaswamy Temple: One of the most famous and rich temples in India, there are many theories as to its actual consecration eventhough it is mentioned in Bhagwad Gita.
- Napier Museum: Opened in 1880, the Napier Museum is a natural history and art museum showcasing rare archaeological artefacts.
- Thiruvananthapuram Zoo: The zoo is the oldest zoo in Asia and is spread across 55 acres. The original zoo was opened in 1857.
- Kovalam Beach: One of the most popular beaches in Kerala, Kovalam beach offers a tranquil yet refreshing ambience of the sand, the sea, and the sun.
THINGS TO DO
- Ayurvedic Massage: There are many budget friendly as well as luxurious Ayurvedic centers here which offer holistic healing.
- Explore Backwaters of Kerala: Poovar is a small village on the southern tip of Trivandrum and is popular for its Backwater tours of Kerala.
- Watch a Kalari Duel: Kalaripayattu, the ancient form of traditional martial arts is still kept alive in some schools in the city.
- Nightlife in Trivandrum has a different definition than clubs and pubs. The nightlife includes long walks by the beaches, or catching a movie at a theatre or simply exploring the flavors of the city at its restaurants.
There are many small shops around the city where you can explore the local markets. Brand outlets and Malls are common on M.G road and the urban city center.
- Chalai Bazaar: The Old Town Bazaar is perfect for buying traditional saris and small ethnic trinkets.
- Sarwaa: If you want to buys handicrafts, head to Sarwaa to buy small handmade gifts.
- Silk Saris: You can buy Silk Saris at Kalyan Silk near East Fort or Karalkada.
Below we have a list of things to do in Trivandrum and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Trivandrum getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Trivandrum with confidence.