Thiruvananthapuram Zoo, Trivandrum
About Thiruvananthapuram Zoo, Trivandrum
Thiruvananthapuram Zoo, Trivandrum - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: LMS Vellayambalam Road,Near Museum Police Station, Trivandrum 695033, India
Ticket Price: 10 INR
Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:15 pm Details
Added 28.5K times in trip plans
Zoo, Family And Kids, Bird Watching
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Spread across 55 acres, the Thiruvananthapuram zoo built in the 19th century is the oldest zoo in Asia and is home to more than 80 species of animals!
Interact with the well-loved animals and admire their beauty as you walk through the greens or simply carry a camera to capture the animals in their regal best!
From birds like Ostrich’s, Pelicans, Vultures to animals like White tiger, Langur, Lion-tailed Macaque, Asiatic Lion, Zebras, Turtles to snakes and mainly for Anaconda, you are sure to walk out a tad bit more in love with animals.
Thiruvananthapuram Zoo Highlights include:
- Anaconda enclosure
- Barking Deer
- Snakes including Cobra and Viper
The Thiruvananthapuram Zoo (Trivandrum) is a perfect way to spend a couple of hours in the city, especially if you are travelling with kids. Apart from zoo, you can visit Top museums in Trivandrum, find museum timings and other related details too.
Thiruvananthapuram Zoo Information
- Do not feed the animals.
- Make sure you maintain cleanliness on premises.
Thiruvananthapuram Zoo Ticket Prices
- Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) Zoo ticket prices for person above 12 years- Entry Fees : INR 10.00
- Person below 12 years and above five years- INR 5.00
- Trivandrum Zoo family tickets (Father, Mother and two children) rates, Zoo ticket counter - Entry Fees : INR 25.00
- Group (35 or less number of students and two teachers) - Entry Fees : INR 130.00
- Car parking- INR 100.00
- Camera - INR 25.00
- Video hand held Non professional- INR 75.00
Thiruvananthapuram Zoo Opening and Closing Hours
- Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) Zoo timings from Tuesday to Wednesday are: 09:00 am - 05:15 pm.
- Monday is closed.
How To reach Thiruvananthapuram Zoo by Public Transport
- Bus: Museum Bus stop at LMS Vellayambalam Road.
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi/ Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trivandrum before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trivandrum and book an accommodation of your choice.
Thiruvananthapuram Zoo, Trivandrum Reviews - Write a Review
Very well maintained zoo. Quite a long walk, but the electric vehicle facility comes handy for the elderly and people with infants.
Very good hangout place with family. Situated at the heart place of the city. Well maintained zoo with a superb snake park. Still expanding...
I visited this place on may 29th 2016 with my family. A large zoo and museum. Museum is very nice with nice display . Very well maintained. With all kinds of facilities for the visitors such as clean washrooms, some light refreshment shops etc Highly recommend.
Great place to hangout with friends and family. Located right in the middle of the city. Also onam celebration is the best time to be here. Lots of programs held here during onam. Lots of crowd too.
This is a well maintained zoo and fun for kids. There is an electric golf cart to go around in. Some of the caged enclosures are tiny although it looks like they're constructing new ones.
- Nearby Attractions
- Matha Ayurveda Eye Hospital
- Loyola School
- Padmanabhapuram Palace
- Kairali Theatre
- The Leela Kovalam
- Sagara Beach Resort
- Hotel Apollo Dimora
- Hotel Marine Palace
- Syndicate Bank
- State Bank Of Travancore
- Trivandrum Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Trivandrum
- What to See in 48 Hours in Trivandrum
- What to See in 72 Hours in Trivandrum
- How to Spend 5 Days in Trivandrum
- How to Spend 6 Days in Trivandrum
- How to Spend 7 Days in Trivandrum