Thiruvananthapuram Zoo2499 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: LMS Vellayambalam Road,Near Museum Police Station, Trivandrum 695033, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:15 pm Details
- Phone: +91-0471231627
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids, Bird Watching
Spread across 55 acres, the Thiruvananthapuram zoo built in the 19th century is the oldest zoo in Asia and is home to more than 80 species of animals!
Interact with the well-loved animals and admire their beauty as you walk through the greens or simply carry a camera to capture the animals in their regal best!
From birds like Ostrich’s, Pelicans, Vultures to animals like White tiger, Langur, Lion-tailed Macaque, Asiatic Lion, Zebras, Turtles to snakes and mainly for Anaconda, you are sure to walk out a tad bit more in love with animals.
Thiruvananthapuram Zoo Highlights include:
- Anaconda enclosure
- Barking Deer
- Snakes including Cobra and Viper
The Thiruvananthapuram Zoo (Trivandrum) is a perfect way to spend a couple of hours in the city, especially if you are travelling with kids. Apart from zoo, you can visit Top museums in Trivandrum, find museum timings and other related details too.
Thiruvananthapuram Zoo Travel Tips
- Do not feed the animals.
- Make sure you maintain cleanliness on premises.
Entrance Ticket Details For Thiruvananthapuram Zoo
- Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) Zoo ticket prices for person above 12 years- Entry Fees : INR 10.00
- Person below 12 years and above five years- INR 5.00
- Trivandrum Zoo family tickets (Father, Mother and two children) rates, Zoo ticket counter - Entry Fees : INR 25.00
- Group (35 or less number of students and two teachers) - Entry Fees : INR 130.00
- Car parking- INR 100.00
- Camera - INR 25.00
- Video hand held Non professional- INR 75.00
Thiruvananthapuram Zoo Hours
- Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) Zoo timings from Tuesday to Wednesday are: 09:00 am - 05:15 pm.
- Monday is closed.
How to Reach Thiruvananthapuram Zoo
- Bus: Museum Bus stop at LMS Vellayambalam Road.
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi/ Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Trivandrum before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trivandrum and book an accommodation of your choice.
87.35% of people who visit Trivandrum include Thiruvananthapuram Zoo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
40% of people start their Thiruvananthapuram Zoo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Thiruvananthapuram Zoo
94.83% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Thiruvananthapuram Zoo
Thiruvananthapuram Zoo Reviews & Ratings
Can i book ticket online to visit Trivandrum Zoo?Answer Report Abuse
Not required, you can go there directly and book tickets.Report Abuse
if 5 member are there thre 35more than 2 peoples and 13 years girl and 12 year boy and 10 year boy how rupees will be this much pepole for ticketAnswer Report Abuse
For father and mother and two kids (ages below 12) the combined ticket is: INR 40
Plus, for the 13 year old visitor, the ticket is INR 20.
Total ticket will be around INR 60Report Abuse