Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass
Tours for Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass
About Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass, Tianjin
Most people think of it as The Great Wall of China which is a general misconception. ‘The Wall’ was never one continuous structure but built in many segregated parts in different places from 220 BC to 1644 AD. So the Great Wall at Huangyaguan Pass is one small section of ‘The Great Wall of China’ which lies in a steep and abrupt mountain ridge in the north of Ji County. It was built originally 1400 years ago in the Northern Qi Dynasty and later rebuilt during the Ming Dynasty. It also underwent a huge restoration in 1984 after which it was open to public.
The Wall is about 42 km long and is an ideal place for trekking and hiking enthusiasts and it is generally visited from the Tianjin end. ‘Hunagyayuan’ means ‘Yellow Cliff Pass’ and just as its name the flora there grows with a surprising shade of ochre, a delight to the eyes. At the end of the Wall is the Huangya Fortress where there is an outdoor market which offers rare varieties of dry fruits at affordable prices.
Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass Information
- The wall hosts the annual Great Wall Marathon in May.
Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass Tickets Prices
- March 1st to October 31st: CNY 50
- November 1st to February 28th: CNY 45
How To Get To Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass by Public Transport
- From Tianjin: Take bus to Jixian County from Tianjin Hebei Bus Station. The bus runs every 6 minutes from 6.30am to 6.30pm. After Jixian a cab to Huangyaguan pass will be convenient.
- From Beijing: Take a bus from Sihui long distance bus station to Jixian County which runs every 10 minutes from 6.30am to 7.30pm. Then, a taxi or minibus to Huangyaguan pass can be hired.
Restaurants Near Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass
- Laozhaizi Farmhouse
- Chunxiang Farmhouse
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tianjin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tianjin and book an accommodation of your choice.
Book Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass Tickets And Tours
Join this 2-day tour and marvel at the beauty of sites such as The Tian'anmen square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, and of course the Great Wall of China on this private and personalized tour. The tour combines history, culture, and breathtaking architecture. As you travel, ask your guide any questions you may have, as the beauty of this private tour is having the guide all to yourself!
Before your cruise docks at the Tianjin Cruise Port, book this convenient transfer service that takes you to your Beijing hotel. En route visit the Great Wall at Mutianyu Section and learn more about its history and culture. Any trip to Beijing is not complete without a visit to the Great Wall.
Enjoy a hassle free journey from Tianjin International Port to your centrally located Beijing hotel. Your driver will be at the port to greet you upon arrival and assist with your luggage before transferring to your hotel by private vehicle. Avoid any stress or delays by organizing your transportation before arrival!
Skip the stress of shared transportation for the long drive from Tianjin International Home port, also called Tianjin Xingang Cruise Port, to Beijing. Instead, book this private airport transfer service and enjoy convenient, reliable, comfortable private transportation from the Cruise port to Your hotel in Beijing City.Transfer services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Share your experience - Rate Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass, Tianjin
- Nearby Attractions
- Tianjin Zoo
- Tianjin People's Park
- Dabei Monastery
- Tianjin Museum
- Tianjin Haichang Polar Ocean World
- Binjiang Dao
- Memorial Hall Of The Beiping-tianjin Campaign
- The Former Residence Of Zhang Shaozeng
- Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel
- Hotels Near Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass
- Hotels Near Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass
- 5 Star Hotels Near Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass
- Budget Hotels Near Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass
- Cheap Hotels Near Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass
- Luxury Hotels Near Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass
- Tianjin Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Tianjin
- 2 Days in Tianjin
- 3 Days in Tianjin
- 4 Days in Tianjin
- 5 Days in Tianjin
- 6 Days in Tianjin
- 7 Days in Tianjin