Great Wall At Huangyaguan PassCurrently Open
- Address: Jixian County, Tianjin, China
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 50 CNY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Trail, Hiking Trail
Most people think of it as The Great Wall of China which is a general misconception. ‘The Wall’ was never one continuous structure but built in many segregated parts in different places from 220 BC to 1644 AD. So the Great Wall at Huangyaguan Pass is one small section of ‘The Great Wall of China’ which lies in a steep and abrupt mountain ridge in the north of Ji County. It was built originally 1400 years ago in the Northern Qi Dynasty and later rebuilt during the Ming Dynasty. It also underwent a huge restoration in 1984 after which it was open to public.
The Wall is about 42 km long and is an ideal place for trekking and hiking enthusiasts and it is generally visited from the Tianjin end. ‘Hunagyayuan’ means ‘Yellow Cliff Pass’ and just as its name the flora there grows with a surprising shade of ochre, a delight to the eyes. At the end of the Wall is the Huangya Fortress where there is an outdoor market which offers rare varieties of dry fruits at affordable prices.
Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass Travel Tips
- The wall hosts the annual Great Wall Marathon in May.
Entrance Ticket Details For Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass
- March 1st to October 31st: CNY 50
- November 1st to February 28th: CNY 45
How to Reach Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass
- From Tianjin: Take bus to Jixian County from Tianjin Hebei Bus Station. The bus runs every 6 minutes from 6.30am to 6.30pm. After Jixian a cab to Huangyaguan pass will be convenient.
- From Beijing: Take a bus from Sihui long distance bus station to Jixian County which runs every 10 minutes from 6.30am to 7.30pm. Then, a taxi or minibus to Huangyaguan pass can be hired.
- Laozhaizi Farmhouse
- Chunxiang Farmhouse
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tianjin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tianjin and book an accommodation of your choice.
30.57% of people who visit Tianjin include Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
55.56% of people start their Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Great Wall At Huangyaguan Pass