The Tianjin Zoo is one of the ‘Top Ten’ scenic spots in Tianjin being home some of the most exotic animals. This 133 acre land is divided into separate habitats for the animals. Besides from the usual lion, tiger, zebra, monkey the zoo hosts a number of rare species like Panda, lynx, Swan, Jaguar and Macaw. There’s an open feeding area to feed the animals. Other than that there are recreational activities near the circus and even boating facilities available near the lakes. Behind the zoo is a small river facing Ao Cheng which is a calm and a beautiful retreat and can be a perfect spot for a picnic. Overall a fun place to visit for the weekend with friends and family.
Tianjin Zoo Travel Tips
- The Shuishang Park is just across the lake.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tianjin Zoo
- Renting a two seater car to drive costs approximately RMB 90.
- Reptile house, additional, RMB 20
- Circus Show, additional, RMB 4
- Children under 120 cm, FREE
How to Reach Tianjin Zoo
- Lines: 879, 668, 8, 901 and 685 to east gate
- Lines: 52, 901, 904 and 685. to west gate
- Line 3 to Zhoudengji’nianguang Station, exit and walk west on Yingshui Road until you reach an intersection, then walk south on Shuishang Gongyuan West Road until you reach the zoo gate, which is directly across from a Metro Transit Center (bus parking lot).
- Afu Macau Bean Fishing, Ding Food Sea Restaurant.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tianjin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tianjin and book an accommodation of your choice.
35.09% of people who visit Tianjin include Tianjin Zoo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
68% of people start their Tianjin Zoo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Tianjin Zoo
93.33% of people prefer walking in order to reach Tianjin Zoo