Xikai ChurchCurrently Open
- Address: Dushan Road, Binjiang Avenue, Heping District, Tianjin 300052, China Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: 022-0288556825
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
A landmark that can be spotted from miles away with its elegant ‘Green Dome’ the Xikai Church also known as St Joseph’s Cathedral is the largest catholic church in Tianjin. Almost a century old the church was built by French Jesuit Missionaries in 1916 with every brick being imported from France. Its architectural style is distinctively Romanesque. The main hall is big enough to accommodate about 1500 people and is supported by 14 huge columns leading to a gallery style tee. The walls are covered with paintings and murals depicting scenes from the Bible. From the time of its construction till about 80 years hence it was said to be the tallest building in Tianjin. All these years the church has stood taut although having undergone many damages both natural and man-made. After undergoing extensive renovations the church was re-opened to the public in 1980 and has since been listed on Tianjin’s cultural relic protection list.
Xikai Church Travel Tips
- Special Mass is conducted every Sunday at 11.30am.
How to Reach Xikai Church
By Bus: Lines: 3, 45, 851, 50, 643, 901, 35, 847, 600, 800 & 673
- Haidilao Hot Pot
- Babela’s Kitchen
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tianjin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tianjin and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Xikai Church Address: Dushan Road, Binjiang Avenue, Heping District, Tianjin 300052, China
- Xikai Church Contact Number: 022-0288556825
- Xikai Church Timing: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Best time to visit Xikai Church(preferred time): 09:00 am - 11:00 am
- Time required to visit Xikai Church: 00:45 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
30.57% of people who visit Tianjin include Xikai Church in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
95% of people start their Xikai Church visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Xikai Church
94.74% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Xikai Church
People normally club together Tianjin Quanyechang Building and Tianjin People's Park while planning their visit to Xikai Church.